Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Old news, maybe not?

I was going through the trailer of Doom 3 on the website (well, the E3 trailer in hi-res, it's the same except for the end part) and noticed a monster that I don't believe they have on Planetdoom's little monster list. Does anyone recognize this?

Unknown1
Unknown2

No it's not, the Imp's skin is way more brown and also it has 8 eyes, this one obviously has only two by the way the shadows play on it's face's shape.

Hmm not sure... maybe its an imp variation ... thanks for showin me though quite interesting.

Melfice said:

No it's not, the Imp's skin is way more brown and also it has 8 eyes, this one obviously has only two by the way the shadows play on it's face's shape.

Other than that it looks very much like an Imp. Perhaps this is footage of an older version of the Imp model.

Looks like an imp to me. Having played the alpha it swiped just like that. I know it's dark but in the second pic i can also make out the same sort of eyes it has normally, just by the side there. And on top of all that it's the same shape.

Lord FlatHead said:

Other than that it looks very much like an Imp. Perhaps this is footage of an older version of the Imp model.

I don't think so, the trailer is exactly identical to the trailer that's on the Doom 3 site right now, minus a different narrator voice and the Hell Knight at the end (instead it's the Revenant). But the Imp is in this video as we know it. Maybe it's what they have listed as the "snatcher" on PlanetDoom or something? I noticed that it appears to have either large scales or some sort of plates grafted into it's forearm on the screenshots.

[edit]

Ok I just got a screenshot from another angle. It's hard to get good screenshots as fast as it was moving, but I caught it in a good position to tell what it is:

Notice the eyes showing through, it's infact an Imp. Sorry about the false alarm. If anything though I suppose this serves to show what kind of tricks the lighting in Doom 3 can play on your eyes :P

It could be a blind Imp. Why not? It would be like the Blind Master on Kung Fu and you will have to take the pebble out of his hand to kill him.

Hey, it could happen. NOT!!!!

I agree it's not an Imp. Maybe an Arch Vile?

etimmerAZ said:

It could be a blind Imp. Why not? It would be like the Blind Master on Kung Fu and you will have to take the pebble out of his hand to kill him.

Hey, it could happen. NOT!!!!

I agree it's not an Imp. Maybe an Arch Vile?

If you look at the last pic I posted in the one before yours, you can clearly see the it's eyes. It's an imp. A mistake was made on my half as the lighting was playing tricks making the imp appear as though it wasn't an imp.