Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jomero

E1M4's Swastika

I remember back in the versions before 1.666 there was a room east of the exit room in E1M4. In this blue room, the walls would drop, revealing a swastika pattern. I thought it was an awesome nod to Wolf3D.

But ever since 1.666, they changed it from a swastika to some odd, meaningless symbol. Anyone know the story of why they did? I just assumed someone got offended and complained, though you would have thought they would have done that with Wolf3D as the game is nothing but one big Swastika-fest.

-Jomero

Grazza said:

Why not search the forums for "E1M4 swastika"?

Likewise for any other times when you have a question that has surely come up before.

Even with the search the answer is not clear. And besides, DooM is old. It's very old. If sometimes you don't revisit certain topics or questions, you'll have very little to talk about, as it's ALL been talked about before in some fashion.

I wasn't here back when you guys were fired up and yaking about the game back and forth when things were still new and fresh. And because of that, some of you feel like you need to ostracize me. What a way to increase the fanbase. Woo hoo.

Edit: This reply seems a bit harsh. It's possible you weren't being sarcastic and elitist at all in your post. But the above still stands for those that have acted this way towards me.
-Jomero

Your best bet is to ask John Romero. No worries, he's easily contactable, and after all he did design all the levels of Knee-Deep in the Dead.

gargoylol said:

Your best bet is to ask John Romero. No worries, he's easily contactable, and after all he did design all the levels of Knee-Deep in the Dead.

One step ahead of ya. ;-)

-Jomero

Jomero said:

Edit: This reply seems a bit harsh. It's possible you weren't being sarcastic and elitist at all in your post. But the above still stands for those that have acted this way towards me.
-Jomero

You need to read the FAQ.

Before you post a new thread asking a question, think to yourself, "Could this have been answered before?" Check previous threads, use the forum search function, or even try Google to get an answer to your question. Remember, if you think it's a stupid question, it probably is.

Search the forums before asking questions that have been asked before. Or expect your stay here to be short.

BTW, Romero has already answered your question too.