Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven

STRIFE0.WAD and ZDoom

I've just recently got my hands on the Strife teaser version, and when I try to run it with ZDoom, it doesn't recognize the iWad. I even try "zdoom.exe -iwad strife0.wad" and it loads the normal Doom2.wad, and when I rename the rest of my iWads (doom2.wad, doom.wad, doom1.wad, heretic.wad) so that ZDoom doesn't recognize them, it says it found no iWads, including the STRIFE0.wad. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

The current version of ZDoom is incapable of loading the demo version of Strife. You'll have to wait for 2.0.64 for that.

However, should you manage to get hold of the full version, you'll find that most of the weapons and enemies are perfectly functional in 2.0.63a.

I thought Strife1.wad was the demo version. Is there a place that the demo version can be legally obtained? If not, then nevermind.

There used to be a few links to buy Strife on DW, but the Heretic / Hexen / Strife section disappeared.

while you wait for the much better Zdoom support, play my Strife port damnit.. >:(

What is your Strife port? I know Vavoom supports it well, though since some doors open before they're supposed to, it is easy to get stuck unless you've played it before and you know the story. Lucky for me I've got an old computer and an old OS that will run it, albeit a bit too slow -_- Soon I might ditch my 486 and put my Pentium I 200MHz Compaq back together. Hopefully all of my old .exes will run on it and the sound will work. If Duke Nukem 3D worked just fine on it, shouldn't Doom, Doom2, Wolf3D, Hexen and Strife work too? This is a sound card related question, which is built in.

Hey, I bought STRIFE today on a flea market :-)
for just 1 euro! :-D
Haven't installed it yet though...

[edit] Just tested it under Windows XP. It's terrible slow whenever I encounter another character and the sound is a bit messed up...

A source ports might not be a bad idea...
@Deathman: where can I get that source port you're talking about?[/edit]

Piezo said:

I thought Strife1.wad was the demo version. Is there a place that the demo version can be legally obtained? If not, then nevermind.

Right here. All this time all of the demo versions were all here. -_-

Deathman said:

while you wait for the much better Zdoom support, play my Strife port damnit.. >:(

I thought SvStrife didn't support the demo. Anyway, Randy has been fixing a lot of bugs recently so I think he is almost ready to release 2.0.64. I could be wrong though.