Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandoracell

How much will a doom3 pc cost

I know everything I need to run doom3, I just dont know how much it costs. I juast want something that can run it with all of its fancy effects. it doesnt have to run at 60fps or anything. I would also like to stay under 2000$, so could you reccomend what pc I should get?

For 2000 $ you get one hell of a pc for Doom3. I paid 1600 € (1800 $) for mine and I am quite convinced it will run Doom3 fine.
Get an X800 XT or (6800 Ultra) + 1024 MB RAM and, say, an Athlon 64 3200+ (that´s almost what I got) and you will play Doom3 smoothly for < 2000 $.
You can do cheaper, of course: Radeon 9800 Pro, 512 MB and Athlon XP 3000+ and you will fly to Mars for half of the above price.

You want an all new PC that runs it full effects but want to stay under $2000 US? Hmm, gonna be hard when a big chunk of that change is going to a GT. I'd say something like this would be great for all the details

P4C 3.0 ghz (Or A64 socket 754)
Abit IC7 mobo (this is for an Intel system, for AMD I don't know what is best)
Audigy 2 ZS
6800 GT OC'd to Ultra speeds (most, like mine, can do it on stock cooling)
2x 512 mb of GOOD memory. I.E. Kingston Hyper-X or Corsair XMS (even though this is overclocking memory, it gives you piece of mind knowing you are getting rock solid memory, not some value-ram ripoff bullshit)
A real good 19 inch CRT like my NEC FP912 Diamondtron CRT (LCD's still don't hold a candle to color quality on CRT's)
5.1 surround sound speakers (Creative Gigaworks S700's are a good choice, I have them, they rule)

Good luck keeping under budget though.

Wait a while, then buy an XBox, play Doom3 on it, and spend the rest of your money on a nice vacation

Im upgrading my pc : A8V deluxe motherboard, a Amd64 3500+ and a Geforce 6800 GT wich is gonna cost me around 900 Euros wich is about the same as 900 US dollars. But u if have to buy the rest of a a complete pc it will probably cost around 1600 buks.

Sure you want to go with via for you a64 system?

The 3 nvidia (nforce 3) 939 socket versions out all pretty much kicked the asses of the via solutions.

I never would have bought MSI before but clearly they have one of the better 939 boards out right now.

pandoracell said:

I know everything I need to run doom3, I just dont know how much it costs. I juast want something that can run it with all of its fancy effects. it doesnt have to run at 60fps or anything. I would also like to stay under 2000$, so could you reccomend what pc I should get?

Why don't you look on fucking google if you know what you need?

Linguica said:

Wait a while, then buy an XBox, play Doom3 on it, and spend the rest of your money on a nice vacation

That's my plan!