Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TwiNCannoN

The Prima strategy guide...

...more or less sucks.

I don't recommend buying it unless you're a collector, or, like me, are just trying to pass the time in any way possible. As usual it's information is shakey and poorly laid out, and focuses on entirely the wrong things.

Make sure your crosshair is over a monster when you pull the trigger.

Best tip I can give.

Yeah those strategy guides are usually a waste of time and money. Unless you get cool game trivia and concept art included in it (like the old Wolfenstein strategy guide - man that was awesome).

Yeah, I know 99% of today's guides are worthless, but I just wanted to let you guys know that unless you just want the pretty book with doom3 logo then don't even bother.

edit: doesn't even come with a poster :\

Yeah, I only bought it as a collectors item. It's the first time I've ever bought a guide since they strike me as being worthless.

Unless it's for an RPG, dont buy it. Strategy guides, as i see it, are only good for RPGs, so they can point out all those unnaturally impossible secrets to find, like "Talk to villager A, in random town B, 12 times, then kill the boss that's approximately 30 times more powerful than the final boss in the game, then kick villager A in the face, and you get yourself an ultimate weapon that is now rendered useless!" For shooters, all they say is "The best way to kill a revenant is to shoot it enough times, until it stops moving." I mean, for Max Payne 2, they actually said "If you use bullet time, it makes sniping easier" whaaat? slowing the game down makes it easier to shoot people? WHO KNEW