Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Well it's been leaked

It is one more day for EB Games (at least the one near me)

Im sure as hell not even going to TRY to download it. Even if it was a long time until the release I still WOULDNT.

Bah, thats ok. Let them spend 5 days downloading it. By the time the fucking download is finished, the game will be out!

=P

By the time it is finished downloading, the game would be out anyway -- seriously. We're talking almost 2 gigs over a torrent. That could potentially take over a week.

Mogul said:

By the time it is finished downloading, the game would be out anyway -- seriously. We're talking almost 2 gigs over a torrent. That could potentially take over a week.

Maybe, but I got the feeling someone will come towards me in the next two days, telling me he just got Doom3 from the www, LAN or whatever. I will probably beat him up and run away quickly.

Mogul said:

If you're on dialup. Which I'm not. I'm buying the game still don't get me wrong, I've already paid for it and just gotta pick it up, but I'm sure as hell not waiting till Wednesday to get my copy when I can be playing it tomorrow. When it does show up, I'll just uninstall the game and reinstall with my cd key.

Alientank said:

If you're on dialup. Which I'm not. I'm buying the game still don't get me wrong, I've already paid for it and just gotta pick it up, but I'm sure as hell not waiting till Wednesday to get my copy when I can be playing it tomorrow. When it does show up, I'll just uninstall the game and reinstall with my cd key.

Yup.

-E

insertwackynamehere said:

I wonder why people feel good pressing a button and stealing years of hardwork.

Well, I'm not "stealing" as I've already paid them $ for the game and am just waiting to pick it up.

insertwackynamehere said:

I wonder why people feel good pressing a button and stealing years of hardwork.

Dont be silly. They're pressing a button and getting Doom 3, the implications of it dont mean anything to them, otherwise they wouldnt would they?

New games (esp. popular ones) always get leaked on internet. It is inevitable. Shame if it would hurt the sales though, then again, good games are worth buying. So. Buy the game.

chubz said:

Bah, thats ok. Let them spend 5 days downloading it. By the time the fucking download is finished, the game will be out!

=P

Took less than 5 hours.

(Yes, I've already pre-ordered)

Since I have no computer to run Doom 3 on, and won't until after it comes out, what's the point of downloading it? I want the full experience anyway - if I were to pirate, I wouldn't be able to deathmatch with my brother, or they might have ripped out the high-res textures or even dumb down the quality of the sound, rip movies and music, that sort of thing! It's hard to get scared by a game that looks like the friggin' Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" music video.

chubz said:

=P

you forget to realize some people have fast connections
therefore it could actually take a couple hours to get

I wouldn't even think that there would be a need to metion how long it would take to download, or that the game will be in stores first. Even if the game was out, I'm pretty damn sure people would be downloading it anyway. The question is not when you get it, but how much you paid for it.

They still can't play multiplayer online. Patching it or modifying the content usually borks the warez too, so it's not all sunshine and dandelions. Though I will say that this is one situation where the "artist/etc/whatever" deserve our money. I'm confident that the developers put a lot of hard work into the game. I'd feel very guilty for warezing it. As opposed to, of course, the Nazifying of the RIAA...in which most artists deserve not as much as they deserve for a smattering of 3rd grade level lyrics and cheap synth music (knock against pop music).

Alientank said:

Same here. I'm not a thief, I'm impatient.

Well, one problem, even if you have broadband, is that you bet on torrent speeds. I'd bet most people that have downloaded the game did so with a torrent.

You could have the best connection in the world and only get 5 k/sec. Or, you could luck out and get 300 k per sec and have the game in just a few hours or whatever.

Torrents are very unreliable for speed.

WildWeasel said:

It's hard to get scared by a game that looks like the friggin' Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" music video.

LOL

Just a friendly reminder: anyone asking for, offering, or linking to warez gets instantly banned.

Shaviro said:
Shadowfox said:

Same here. I'm not a thief, I'm impatient.

I will not downlad the game even not to save a couple of days of waiting! I don´t want to have a pirated copy of Doom3 on my pc at any time - even if I knew I´d buy it two days later!

This thread helps promote the piracy (a bit, supposedly) by spreading the word and associating it with the means to do it; furthermore, people are justifying the unaccepted (illegal) form of distribution with the supposed excuse they'll be buying it or have paid for it, and are claiming to have effected it.