Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Painted Cacodemon Redesign (Yes, painted. Really)

Remember the equasion : Spike+Paint=SpasticMonkey.

With that in mind, here's what i've been poring over recently. It's pretty faithful to the original concept sketch, but remember the whole 'naff painter' thing before you start criticising :)

The original sketches also included tentacles within its mouth; the Cacodemon would whip these out towards its prey and then pull them into its maw. Wheeee!
I'll probably revise the design slightly to re-include these and produce another painted version in the next few weeks.

That's one of the most alien-looking creatures I've yet seen. Nice work. Your original concept has some kind of cyberesque looks to it.

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet!

Your painting skills look ok to me. Which paints did you use? Looks like acrylics to me.

edit: Might put it on my favourites. Needs more macabre stuff.

Thanks; yeah, they're acrylics - just cheap ones from the local store, but they mix well enough and are replaceable.
I'm gonna start on a painted version of my Undead Character Design tomorrow, followed by some concept work for a revamped Arch-Vile and a reworking of my Winged Demon.

Hurrah!

Uhh, dude, the pics of the Undead Character and the Winged Demon have a red x...

Awesome bro, how you drew the mouth and everything was excellent. Great thinking and work, keep it up bud.

Terso said:

Uhh, dude, the pics of the Undead Character and the Winged Demon have a red x...

They work fine for me and, it seems, everyone else. However, DeviantArt has the tendency to be tempermental as hell whenever it sodding well chooses, so try back later :)

Nice job spike. I like the sketches as well as the painting. can't wait to see the Mancubus. as it is one of my Favorites :)

Okay, they work now. Sweet, they look awesome. Especially that Winged Demon guy.