Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sambobbilly

doom3 mods

im just wondering, im not dissin any doom programers, but how can ppl who've been prgraming the original doom for years, cope with programming doom3? wouldnt u need to be a proper expert to creat mods for doom 3?

sambobbilly said:

wouldnt u need to be a proper expert to creat mods for doom 3?

Probably. I remember going from old Quake's DOS QuakeC code to Quake2's Windows-based code. I couldn't cope at all. I'm sure the jump from Doom to Doom 3 will be much, much worse.

Im just wondering. Im not dissing on any forum members or anything, but how can people who's IQ's are smaller than their shoe sizes still manage to operate a computer and spam a forum?

It's not like people here have never modded for any game other than doom.

Amaster said:

Im just wondering. Im not dissing on any forum members or anything, but how can people who's IQ's are smaller than their shoe sizes still manage to operate a computer and spam a forum?

It's not like people here have never modded for any game other than doom.

fuck me there are a few twats on this forum aint there!

people who already have experiencing modding for q3a or ut2004 should be fine. its not gonna be like jumping from COBALT to c++

those who do maping/moding for classic doom will probobly keep on doing that. just because doom3 is out doesnt mean we are gonna abandon classic doom.

Looks like not too many people will be able to create a full-fledged mod all on their own. That would require skills in modelling, texturing, level design, C++ programming (if you're modifying any of the actual game code), or scripting in a very C-like language. To create a mod that does interesting things with all the technologies in the game, unless you're really good you'd need at least two or three people to divide the effort.

sambobbilly said:

im just wondering, im not dissin any doom programers, but how can ppl who've been prgraming the original doom for years, cope with programming doom3? wouldnt u need to be a proper expert to creat mods for doom 3?

There is a MODS launcher built into the game. Go to the Main Menu->Mods->Choose your mod

sambobbilly said:

There certainly are.

Lord FlatHead said:

Looks like not too many people will be able to create a full-fledged mod all on their own.

I'm gonna try. I'm a mapper and can map for Wolfenstein fairly well so this shouldn't be too much different, probably a lot more fun too. As for scripting and what-not, I'll have to learn that.

If it proves to be too much I'll enlist some help, but not until I have a working map so I can get some serious offers.

-E

sambobbilly said:

You must be looking in the mirror?

But let me offer you some friendly advice, which I never do. We who have been here longer are smarter, cooler, and overall better than you at life. Don't try to put yourself above us, because you will lose, always. Thanks

-Your Pal,
Ralphis