Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 3 Out There

Mancubus II said:

Hey, completely offtopic, but I notice you have a "microsoft frontpage" folder also... do you have any idea what the deal with that is? (if you haven't checked it out, look in it, it's empty and from the capitalization looks legit, and if it's like mine you can't delete it). I've had this on 3 installations of windows and can't figure out what is up... and obviously you can't google about it.

TwiNCannoN said:

Oh please. This is the same kind of "I know about an exploit in an MMORPG but I'm a little angel and won't use it to gain an advantage because I'm better than that", except worse. Life is short, people have lusts, GET THE FUCKING GAME IF YOU CAN. :P

Yeah who needs morals or values, what suckers

Err, you all do realize a store can get sued for violating the release date, don't you? Don't believe me? It happened to bookstores in England who starting selling Harry Potter books a day before the official release.

Mancubus II said:

Before i even read the rest of this thread, I laugh at you, LAUGH. I purchased a copy at the best buy in merillville, IN. I was just playing some dm, fabulous stuff, very heartpounding!

I'm playing it on a work laptop I took for this weekend, and I'll be returning to chicago on sunday afternoon. Even so, with this 32MB mobile radeon 9000, 512MB of system ram, and a pentium m 1.4ghz, it can still look awesometastic.

http://mike.mancubus.net/images/doom3/installed.jpg
http://mike.mancubus.net/images/doom3/example.jpg
http://mike.mancubus.net/images/doom3/serverlist.jpg

And as I said earlier I just got back from some dm, and it rllz for sure. The doomguy still runs pretty fast imo, and the lights, with the textures, and the general ambience created was spectacular.

I hate you......YOU LUCKY BASTARD! =P

Flashbacks from The X-Files Episode 1x01 ("Deep Throat")

Mulder: "They're here, arn't they?"

(Deep Throat turns and faces Mulder)

Deep Throat: "Mr. Mulder, they've been here for a long time."

(Deep Throat continues to walk away, leaving Mulder standing alone)

chubz said:

Where did you preorder it!!??

EBgames oceanside mall in long island

Kojak_Man said:

Err, you all do realize a store can get sued for violating the release date, don't you? Don't believe me? It happened to bookstores in England who starting selling Harry Potter books a day before the official release.

Oh, I know, but that's not the fault of the customer.

Wallmart's always in trouble for doing it. I hope they do it again for me :)

I am hearing probably the most MIXED replies of all time about doom3 for stores around me though. Gonna keep calling until I get a yes basically, since no one seems to have a clue :P

The local EB is releasing them august 4th, no exceptions. Fine with me, waiting 3 days isnt a big deal at all.

Heh, I should have mine on my doorstep on Wed depending on when Gamestop ships it. I'm busy all Tue. night so waiting an extra day to have it shipped to my house is no big deal. Funny, we've waited 4 something years, you'd think a couple days would be nothing.

What really sucks is that I can't play it. :( My comp is to crappy to play it, and I don't have the money for it (im a broke 15-year old). I do have an XBox, however, but like I said, im broke. :(

Man i wish i had 500 dollars to upgrade my comp and get it but all i can do is get it for the xbox.

chubz said:

This is fake.

DOOM 3 wont be out on the weekend in my opinion.

You guys just wait and see - this has a great chance of being bogus...I sure hope its not though. =(

\

No, it isn't fake actually. I purchased the game yesterday 7-31 and have been playing it ever since. Awesome tbh!

And why for gods sake do i have to wait till 13th of august?!?!?!?!?
Ill broke into mediamarkt, get a copy from their stockpile and leave 50 euro behind with a note "Sorry, couldnt wait any longer ;)"

*bangs head on table in frustration*

I'm playing it on a work laptop I took for this weekend, and I'll be returning to chicago on sunday afternoon. Even so, with this 32MB mobile radeon 9000, 512MB of system ram, and a pentium m 1.4ghz, it can still look awesometastic.

You got it working on a 32 megabyte card? Allright!

DaniJ said:

I really hope that id have done everything possible to stop people pirating Doom 3. CD lock, serial check, manual codes the works... cos otherwise it'll become the most pirated game ever.

Damn stupid, no-morales kids.

If I was admin I'd insta-ban any asshat who admits to stealing it.

It's a little late for stopping piracy, the ISO has been available for a couple weeks now.

NiGHTMARE said:

Changing the subject completely, it would appear those people who were claiming Doom 3 wouldn't be able to fit in a DVD case due to the number of CDs have now been majorly 0wned.

Three CD's is all it took. Kind of surprised, I thought it would be more.

POTGIESSER said:

It's a little late for stopping piracy, the ISO has been available for a couple weeks now.

We're talking Carmack here dude! If anyone can make Doom 3 the size of a trisket, he can... although, I have seen a full DirectX 9.0 Shooter with shaders and amazing graphics done in only 96kb! Seriously! Maybe Carmack has a new challenge!?

-Cub. =o)

Cubase said:

We're talking Carmack here dude! If anyone can make Doom 3 the size of a trisket, he can... although, I have seen a full DirectX 9.0 Shooter with shaders and amazing graphics done in only 96kb! Seriously! Maybe Carmack has a new challenge!?

-Cub. =o)

96kb? lol.

...yeah, not jokes, I find it amazing...

theprodukkt.com

You can download the beta of the game from there, along with heaps of other DirectX animations (all which are not more than 64Kb each!)... including Zoom 3... a tribute to Doom³.

These dudes managed to get a 70mb Wave file, compressed to 5kb without loss of quality using ultra compression techniques... it can be done, but man!

-Cub. =o)