Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Best Buy Midnight Madness Reminder

Caryn Law at Activision wants to remind everyone that tonight at midnight certain Best Buys will officially start selling copies of Doom 3. There are only 8 locations in all, across the United States.

Apparently if you happen to be anywhere near the Plano, Texas location, you will get a double treat tonight as not only will Doom 3 be there, so will some id software employees--though we have no idea which ones. In all cases Activision will be on hand to hand out prizes for early attendees, including a Doom 3 t-shirt.

Monday, August 2: 10:30 p.m. — Fans line up for a chance to purchase DOOM 3. Prizes will be given away to the first 100 people in line.
Tuesday, August 3: 12:01 a.m. — DOOM 3 for Windows on sale.

The following Best Buy stores are participating in the midnight sales:

California:
- West Los Angeles - 11301 W. Pico Blvd.
- West Hollywood - 7100 Santa Monica Blvd.

Illinois:
- Chicago - 1000 W. North Ave.

Washington D.C. Area:
- Sterling, VA - 45575 Dulles Eastern Plaza
- White Marsh, MD - Nottingham Square

Minnesota:
- Richfield - 1000 West 78th St.

New York:
- Westbury - 1100 Old Country Rd.

Texas:
- Plano - 2800 N. Central Expressway

So if you happen to live close enough to one of those and you can't be without Doom 3 any longer (and most likely will end up playing it into the early morning), then head over.

fp! Yay, finally!

Christian Antkow tried to get a copy of Doom3 and they wouldn't sell him one. Apparently they don't even have their copies yet.

I also checked all the Gamestop stores within 200 miles of my zip (through their site), and it seems they're already all sold out.

It sucks cause I live in miami now but I used to live in chicago on cicero ave. about 15min away from North Ave.

Funny, I heard one close to me in Dayton, Ohio will start selling at midnight also. Oh, well, my copy is scheduled to arrive on my doorstep tommorow afternoon (gotta love Gamestop for shipping all the pre-orders tonight :)

Woop.

Got back with a t-shirt and everything.

I'll post some pictures probably today.

Sign in to follow this