Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sniperfrommars1

So here we are..........

So here we are guys. Its an hour and a half here till midnight. Weve waited almost four years for this game to be officially released, which reminds me wheres the frickin demo? Hittin at midnight? Anyways looking back on all weve been through to get this game, the flood of noobs that have been hitting the forum, and will indoubtably FLOOD this great sacred last vestage of nonsuckdom what are your thoughts on Doom now? What will you guys be doing the next few years? Mods and coding from hell I hope, but IM overall pleased with the direction teh games been going in, although I doubt Ill be pleased with the overall lack of monsters and no big open spaces. I know this game will be one of the greatest Ive ever played, but will it beat out the original doom? I cant wait to see ;). Later guys and hopefully youll hear from me within the next few weeks, if not frag you later

*cries insanely

Oh wait i'm new :(

About 2 months ago i started looking back into doom3 again and got interested ... again

can't wait to play it

I've been following HL2 a lot more but i like the doom community better cause i got tired of ValvE jerkin' my lerk... so to speak

23 minutes to go for me, its been a long haul thats forsure, and to top it off its a beautiful night here in Nova Scotia, 23 degrees C. not a cloud in the sky almost full moon can see all the stars and the frogs are croaking in my pond.

EDIT: Well thats it for me its now officialy released for me the wait is over.

Countdown ends in two hours for me. I must say, it's been a spirited run.

Even though I have to wait an additional 38 hours from this writing to actually get my copy of the game, I'd like to relish this silence before the onslaught of newcomers desecrate this land.

Bottle of booze in one hand, and shotgun in the other, we shall endure.

Relica Religia said:

Countdown ends in two hours for me. I must say, it's been a spirited run.

Even though I have to wait an additional 38 hours from this writing to actually get my copy of the game, I'd like to relish this silence before the onslaught of newcomers desecrate this land.

Bottle of booze in one hand, and shotgun in the other, we shall endure.

Exactly this is the calm before the storm so to speak. Its really nice here too. ITs funny to think a few hours from now my buddies are going to be entering hell for the first time crapping their pants and so forth. Ive seen a couple of movies now from leaked copies that are floating around, and some of the sounds have scared the shit out of me, especially the hearing babies cry stuff, John Carmack is a sick bastard..............Gotta love the guy ;).

I have been a "lurker" for about 9 months, but reading instead of posting. lol.

2 hours here.

i still have about 45 minutes

u know, we may not actually get a massive influx of forum members.

lurkers... maybe (ive been lurking here since 02)

*lurks*

I've only got a few hours left until my download is finished.

Juuuuuust kidding! Please don't kill me with sticks.

Only 9 hours and 30 mins till best buy opens! Seems only like yesterday when i was rocking with doom 1 and the old compaq 486/33 and paying 200 bucks for 4mb more ram... ahh those were the days ;)

Been waiting for 4 years? I have been waiting for 10 years since Doom II. I have been playing Doom II again the last 3 days to get my Doom on again. I loved that game and played SO MANY levels on the expansion discs. Great stuff and loved it all. Now Doom 3 is out and my pre order is waiting on me at my EB, I am stoked. God it will be good to play a new Doom game. I am looking forward to Halo 2 for my Xbox yes, but this game is the shit and will never be topped by another game (unless Carmack wants to go with a new Doom game) in my book, I guess cause I was really brought into PC gaming by Doom and Doom II. Long 10 year wait, but worth it.

Yeah, it´s finally there - at least officially. My vendor told me they´d get in on Saturday. Another 4 long days to wait. I will spend the time relishing in Doom and Doom II.

Didnt Carmack say that there was probably one more game left in him before he put full dedication into his personal rocket ship? (No joke, for those of you who don't know he's currently building a space shuttle)

He said though that just because he was probably finished with making games for awhile didn't mean that he would never come back.

A655321 said:

Didnt Carmack say that there was probably one more game left in him before he put full dedication into his personal rocket ship?

Yeah, afterwards he may jump into his Bean&Bacon-Megarocket and fly to Mars to never come back. :(

Deathmatcher said:

Yeah, afterwards he may jump into his Bean&Bacon-Megarocket and fly to Mars to never come back. :(

now let's see how many people get that.

That doesn't sounds physically logical: "Hey, I'm too exhausted from years of typing at a keyboard; I think I'm at my body's end.....looks like all I can do now is BUILD SHIPS THAT GO INTO SPACE."

I mean, come on.

Relica Religia said:

That doesn't sounds physically logical: "Hey, I'm too exhausted from years of typing at a keyboard; I think I'm at my body's end.....looks like all I can do now is BUILD SHIPS THAT GO INTO SPACE."

I mean, come on.

Or maybe yes he is a computer codeing genius but maybe just maybe he has a "dream" he'd like to accomplish. Jus because hes really good at what he does dosent mean thats what he wants to do for the rest of his days.

Tyockell said:

Jus because hes really good at what he does dosent mean thats what he wants to do for the rest of his days.

you just described maybe 80% of the working population.