Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blibbityblob

256mb ram?

sadly, i have only enough spare money to either buy doom 3 or upgrade my ram or use it for some other splurging.

How do you think it would work with only 256mb ram, honestly?

blibbityblob said:

sadly, i have only enough spare money to either buy doom 3 or upgrade my ram or use it for some other splurging.

How do you think it would work with only 256mb ram, honestly?

Well first whats the rest of your system specs?

Yes, seeing as I'm running with 256 RAM right now. Hell, I'm also running with a 900 Mhz AMD, and only a GeForce 4 4200 Ti. Graphics are a few notches over Q3A, and the computer will chug when first loading a level or when walking through a door, but it is fully playable.

My suggestion is this, save your money and build a new pc. What you're working with now is bad news for doom3 and any other game that comes out after it. Don't waste money on games that you'll get only half-satisfaction out of because of your setup, and save up for a new pc and be set for 2 good years.

1.8ghz, GF4 4600 Ti. I'll most likely play it fine (with most things turned down), the only thing that'll screw me over is the ram. I can get a 128mb ram card for cheap, but it would be more wortwhile to save up and buy a 512 to add on.

Well, If i can run Jedi Academy with all settings smacked high with 60fps, A little tweaking would get me probably 35 FPS average in D3

though, If I don't go to the movies or spend money on girls for a good month or so, I could buy a 3.06ghz and 1gb of ram :P