Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Doom Bible Similarities

I don't know if this has been specifically discussed before, but with info from the PC Gamer article and the G4 movie, has anyone else seen some content straight out of the Doom Bible?

And for drama's sake, think Tom Hall cares?

Stuff from the Doom Bible that I've noticed:

The monorail system
UAC mining for something in the planet (Fire Dust in the DB)

Where can I find the Doom bible? I don't have it anymore, I had to format my pc, and the disk I got it from is lost

Thx

Never knew this existed. Cool, I got something to read. From what I have read already it seems that DooM 3 is more like the text than DooM.

Peace,

The Bruce

The monorail looks like fun, and the DB DID say that the monorails would be a dangerous place.

I keep thinking of the monorails & trains of Duke Nukem....

what is the doom bible and where can i read it?

*edit* ok, i am a MUPPET (ill just go check that link like 2 posts above mine)

Godshatter said:

i downloaded the .pdf

pretty interesting stuff, but it looks like theres a helluva lot of stuff missing from it.

It's like most things programmers do. We have high expectations, but evenually get lazy. Go figure.

*shrugs*

it was still something cool to read

i cant believe how story driven they tried to make the game

it was like completely different.

SupremeGeneral said:

The monorail looks like fun, and the DB DID say that the monorails would be a dangerous place.

I keep thinking of the monorails & trains of Duke Nukem....

wat monorails in duke nukum? u meen that train station were it just kept going round and round?

Yeah I too have been thinking of the similarities in the doom bible and the original game released. The bible talks of a story that would later simply be typed into the Readme.txt and forgotten by most, so I am glad that it is being flashed out.

On a personal side note pet peeve thing a ma jigger, its been years since I was here last as Sweet Prince so forgive me if views have changed since… but people talk of the hordes of enemies, fast action and simple play mechanics. Even with a lack of tough battles I think its agreed that the 1st episode was the coolest in atmosphere, level design, enemy encounters and lighting back when autorun wasn’t a standard option and even today.

What we had was the culmination of ideas in intense and scary visceral action that we still know today in many fps’. Point is I think/hope playing Doom3 for the 1st time will be much akin to the experience I had as a youngster and be the fully realized vision that Carmack and Co. has been trying to create since Doom through Quakes.

Though I wish you could set the amount of seconds between the death of a monster and their disintegration. I want to admire the ragdoll’s fall and my well-placed bullet holes in a daemon’s face…