Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtmaWeapon

The "I'm not playing DOOM 3" thread

I figure a lot of people are going to be playing DOOM 3 today. I say let them have their electric boogaloo. My computer doesn't have the muscle and I don't really have $500 for a new system, let alone just to play a game. I also figure that since I haven't played through DOOM 2 yet, I can probably get my jollies that way. I am horribly biased by my belief that when an "upgrade" for a game comes out the game ends up being crappy because the developers focus on the features and not what made the game good in the first place, but lately there have been a lot of pleasant surprises and id is a pretty good company that seems to have worked hard on DOOM 3.

So how many others are not playing DOOM 3 because of poor system/lack of interest?

I'm not playing Doom 3.

Of course, I haven't bought it yet...

My system is not good enough to play DOOM 3... so until I scrape up the cash to upgrade, I'm not playing it. That, and the game's not available yet here in Holland - to my knowledge at least.

But I'm not in a hurry to play it...

Oh, i'm all ready for Doom III, it's just that I lack hard-drive space.

Ok, so i'm not ready for Doom III...

I'm not playing it..i live in britain, and even if it was out here i was stuck in a shitty place where you sit around and do nothing all day, so i couldnt have played it anyway, still it gave me time to focus on spriting

I'm not playing it. Don't think Babbages (Gamestop) will get it in today. Even so, I still need to defrag my hard drive before I install it (id recommends it, and I need to do it anyway).

Well, the architecture, texture choices and gameplay in certain Doom 2 levels were absolutely terrible, and some of the new monsters were loathed by many, but no-one cared enough not to play it because of that :P

DooMer87 said:

shoot. I gotta defrag?

Probably not. But one of the programmers from id strongly recomended it.

Defrag's only good for games with a massload of files (and not wrapped in nifty pak's for accessing convience)

I don't mean to stray from the current topic, but yes-- I won't be playing Doom3 anytime soon.

Fuck them in the ear!

They say it helps the computer access the needed file faster, which would make the game run a bit faster as well.

my computer can't handle it. i'll probably play it at a friend's house.

Numbermind said:

Fuck them in the ear!

****ing yeah, **** 'em in the ***, the ****ing ****ers! **** the *******s!

Ahem. I imagine I'll get it at some point.

Oh, and Doom2 pwns Doom(1).

Doom3 can get lost...I'll stick with Doom and Doom2 thank you very much!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I'm not going to play it in the near future, my computer can't run it, even on low detail. I'll probably go to a cyber cafe, I don't know.
Anyway, after seeing the lack of certain monsters, the rumor that it's extremely linear, the probably requirment of Windows XP, some monster desings, and other stuff like that, I'm not that interested (fortunatly).

I'm more interesed in RTC-3057 hub 2, or Carnage Galore hub 3, than in DOOM 3.

My computer can't handle it and I don't have the money for it, so no, guess not :(

I won't be playing it for a while, I need to either get a another computer or do a major upgrade on my current one :(

Not going to be playing right away, since i need to clear out some space on my comp and i have little time to buy it right now.

Im not playin--in britain also. Release date is the 11th so its in most shops for sale about friday the 13th (oooohh it's cursed) according to some website

My computer is a piece of junk, so I'm not getting D3 anytime soon. Maybe when I have a new computer and the game is outdated so the price drops.

Since my computer will ********ly not be able to run Doom3 (1700MHz, GeForce 2, 256Ram), I guess I'll wait untill my parrents decide to buy a new one. Or at least a more serious GFX card.

Currently sticking to Classic... and R-One...

I have no video card, no hard drive space, and no money. Therefore, no, not going to play it. Not for another year probably. Which really sucks because I've been waiting to play it for like 5 years.

Oh well, maybe if I can get a job I'll buy an XBox and wait for it to come out on it.