Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

zdoom bridge thing z-axis help

I go to use a bridge thing but there's no z-axis offset box, just x and y. How can i make it above the ground?

Most importantly, you need to use Hexen map format. Doom map format doesn't support z-coordinates.

oh, i see. In wadauthor, I download ONE wcf file for zdoom ... it doesn't say 'doom in hexen format' or 'doom in doom format' or whatever. It just says zdoom.

I guess that's a problem, and besides, whenever I try to add a room when in zdoom wcf file mode, it freezes, so if I ever need to use a zdoom feature, I'll just use doombuilder.

The only reason that I can think of for why it's crashing is you don't have a converted iwad. You need to download zwadconv.exe (available in here) and do this on a copy of your iwad:

zwadconv doom2.wad doom2z.wad

Then open up your zdoom.wcf and change the IWAD line near the top to doom2z.wad (or whatever you called it). You're now ready to go.

zwadconv doom2.wad doom2z.wad

huh? do you mean

zwadconv.exe -file doom2.wad -file doom2z.wad

or something like that?

Either way, I get the error "cannot find folder 'c:\program'. Please make sure it is a valid folder." I said c:\program files\(...), not c:\program, stupid start-->run program ... uuggghhhhh. Does that mean I need to delete all the spaces on the way to the file in order to have it run correctly?

Put it in quotation marks. No command line tool can handle file names with spaces if you don't.

ok there we go ...

"C:\(insert file path here)\zwadconv.exe -file doom2.wad -file doom2z.wad"

it says "windows cannot find file (see above) make sure it is right etc."

or do i not type the two -file parameters? But when i do, it just starts up and closes really fast ... I know I'm making a stupid error somewhere, I just wanna know what it is :D

deldelda said:

ok there we go ...

"C:\(insert file path here)\zwadconv.exe -file doom2.wad -file doom2z.wad"

NOOOOOO!

"C:\(insert file path here)\zwadconv.exe" doom2.wad doom2z.wad

Why does nobody know how to use command lines anymore? :?

nope, sorry :) I just drag my wads onto zdoom.exe so I've never really used a command line :D

EDIT: kthx, I've converted my file now, yay!

1. Does this mean I can delete my doomconv.exe and all its other little friendlies?

2. Do I use zdoomb.wcf or zdoomh.wcf?

1. Yep, unless you want to map for Heretic as well. (in which case, repeat the process with heretic.wad)

2. zdoomh.wcf, that's the Hexen format one. zdoomb.wcf is Boom format. Although that one is quite out of date now (if you got it off the ZDoom site), this one is more up to date. (I've also included a Heretic one just for good measure)