Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
etimmerAZ

Strange Occurances in Alpha Complex.

Ok, this is weird, but it is still cool. I am just wondering if it happens on purpose.

At some point in the alpha complex I enter a room. The room turn red and staticky then the "outside" the room it goes silly. When the room is red and the weird sound is going on my character moves slow. After the redness the speed returns to normal. It seems to be a REALLY cool effect like when you have a nightmare and you can't move fast. Or is my system getting bogged down?

Yeah it's cool, but it just pisses me off that I can't move my character. I'm trying to get into position to fight whatever is coming but my movement is frozen. Very frustrating.

It doesn't add anything to the game for me, just pisses me off.

-E

I think it adds a lot. You have no choice but to feel helpless, regardless of prior map knowledge. So far I havent been in a situation where it was really dangerous either. There was as much time to react as any other time that enemies suddenly warped in. So I didnt find it any more or less difficult to respond.

I think the most amusing time this happened was in front of an elevator door that proceeded to laugh at me meniacally. I couldn't help but remember that episode of Family Guy where Peter turned his house into a puppet.