Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revenant100

Making choices

Major story spoilers ahead.

Does anyone know if the choices you make in the game have a different outcome? For example, at one point you find a scientist trapped in some sort of chamber and he asks you to open it. On the control panel you can choose whether to open the door or to activate the chamber, which will strip his body of all skin and organs and effectively kill him (Two Z-Sector zombies attack you if you do that). Aside from not being able to get into his office (I think you find the code to unlock it elsewhere though), does this have any long term effect? You can also esentially just shoot every friendly character you come across once they can't do anything else to help you. Does that do anything?

There's also the other choice so far in the game where you can choose to send the distress signal to the fleet or not, which seems to change whether you go to meet Sgt. Kelly or Swann (At the same location). After I found Kelly's dead body, the only other mention of that choice so far was Betruger saying that he will use the fleet's ships that you did call to get off Mars to head to Earth. I made a save point by this choice to see if it will change anything further ahead, but that's a long section of the game to have to play through again.

Revenant100 said:

On the control panel you can choose whether to open the door or to activate the chamber, which will strip his body of all skin and organs and effectively kill him (Two Z-Sector zombies attack you if you do that).

I don't know, I fried him. The room he was standing in past the glass looked like it could have been a summoning chamber for the demons. I didn't want to take any chances.

When I saw him fried, I laughed though, "oops".

-E

AirRaid said:

You get a crapload of chaingun ammo if you don't kill him.

Ironically enough, I could use some chaingun ammo right about now.

-E

i wish there was a way to open that glass case with the extra chaingun/assault rife ammo, in the room the doctor leads you to if you save him.

Heh, did you ever think about maybe perhaps looking at the monitors for a button?