Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
c0ckuns

sounds horrible with headphones

has anyone else experienced this? the game sounds like total crap with my headphones on. they are 200 sennheisers that everything else sounds beautiful on. the sound is like low sample rate, tinny, hissy mp3's or something. almost hurts my ears.

I have a pair of senheisser PX 100 headphones and it sounds wonderful. have you checked your soundcard settings?

I wouldn't even know what to check for... I was using my onboard sound card... and I switched to my SBLive!, I think (how would I verify). It just sounds EXTREMELY bright and no other game does... hmmm.

Well, I've conceded that it must just be something unique to my setup, but I can't even imagine what. Especially cause it sounds so sweet on my Ravenshield - like I can always tell where people are coming from the imaging is so good. Maybe there's some hidden tweak in the console that will reveal itself later.

Be sure you hve headphones selected as your sound output in Windows speaker configuration in control panel.

One thing I noticed, in my soundstorm control pannel I do have 4 speakers set up (5.1 headphones), but doom3 won't recognize them, only stereo headphones. Anyone else have this problem? Not like it matters, still sounds good.

I use my err, Sony headphones, and have the sound running through my stereo (since my shitty on-board sound card has no amplification :() and it sounds great.

Especially at night :D

i found the problem... or at least how to tinker with it...

if you going under Play Control (tray icon) and advanced... there is a tone (just like you would have knobs on your stereo)... i turned the treble way down and when i went back into to doom 3, it sounded waaaaay better. like i would say it sounded good.

as for why i would need to do this on just this game and what my music will sound like, not sure.

highlander said:

I have the Zalman 5.1 headphones and it sounds pretty good. Don't use them to play music though, bleh.

High

Did you experience any good surround effects highlander ? I can't seem to hear any sounds/effects that are suppose to come from behind... I use Zalman 5.1 on a Audigy 2 soundcard from Creative.