Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

Parental Evilness...The REAL enemy of Dewm 3

tkmaster said:

you must be at least 18

Or else what, cops gonna show up at the door and arrest him? First they said no kids in R rated movies. Wow that really worked didn't it, now you see kids going from the movie they were into a r rated movie because the duschbags that are supposed to watch whose going in don't give a shit. Now you can see R rated movies with your parents, as long as you have "permission by your parents or guardians following they were with you at the time buying the ticket for you". Next it was Parental Advisory cd's, they don't even ask me for a parent. Every store I've been to sell's Mature games to anybody! I saw a fucking 8 year old in target the other day asking the guy to grab Vice city for him. Kid's walking home with a game that his parents don't even care about how bad it is and that a 8 year old shouldn't even be playing it. Now try to tell someone they have to be 18 to buy it or at least play it!

P.S. I'm 14 and my dad and I are going out of way to get this game. We've allready ordered a top of the line computer to run this baby.

Eric Harris said:

It´s going to be like fucking Doom!

Despite of this and other retarded lost souls, who - luckily - are in the absolute minority, playing Doom at a young age doesn´t render you a serial killer. I started playing Doom at the age of 13, ten years have passed since then and I am still fine.

Oddly enough, the only thing my parents decided I was too young to watch/play when I was a kid was "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

They knew I didn't like violence, anyway. I still don't. I, however, will make an exception for when I am effecting imaginary violence. Anyway, uh, yeah...

Since you're under the required the age to buy this game, it really is up to your parents. So you'll just have to live with the decisions they made, or run away from home like a little bitch.

It really isn't up to you to determine if your "fine" or not.

(not targeting Combustable specifically just talking to everyone in this thread.) (*and shouldnt your name be Combustible?*)

Any of you who are joking about his youth just come off it. Half of you werent 17 when you played the original doom, which was equally frightening and gory for the time. Don't say Doom 3 is worse, because while it is, you aren't the judge of whether he can handle it.

Actually anyone who can vote in your respective countries IS the judge of whether or not kids (or any other group) can handle it.

Deathmatcher said:

Despite of this and other retarded lost souls, who - luckily - are in the absolute minority, playing Doom at a young age doesn´t render you a serial killer. I started playing Doom at the age of 13, ten years have passed since then and I am still fine.

For the last time: IT WASN'T DOOM FAULT! Jeezus, when will these morons understand?

ANYWAY... I played a bit of Doom when i was 6 or something, but it only was at 15 that i dug out this gem and fully played it :)

I'm 12 and I am generally allowed to play any game. Which includes Doom3.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I already posted this.

durr... /me a dumbshit

I'm 15, and my dad lets me play whatever I want, in fact, he's seen the games I play on several occasions and the amount of gore in it, and is just fine with it.

I'm 18, my parents got me doom 2 for christmas when I was 8 \m/. They never had a problem with me playing violent video games.

Ok people bringing up the fact that your parents don’t or didn’t care what you were playing DOESN’T actually strengthen your argument. Contrary to popular belief.

Well, it's not in my hands anymore, they are going out and are going to go look at Doom3. Well now I have to wait for the judges' verdict.

You guys seemed to miss a point. Your parents don't give a shit. Mine do. They apperantly think i'm going to turn into some kind of nutcase that's going to grab a 12 guage and go shoot people. Or something along those lines. They seems to think that i'm not old enough to know the difference between game and reality, I suppose that columbine thing is in their heads.

Again, I doubt the 'But mom, i've played M games before' excuse will work here if she sees a human body ripped open hanging from the ceiling on my screen...Which is more than likly...

DD_133 said:

Well, it's not in my hands anymore, they are going out and are going to go look at Doom3. Well now I have to wait for the judges' verdict.

You guys seemed to miss a point. Your parents don't give a shit. Mine do. They apperantly think i'm going to turn into some kind of nutcase that's going to grab a 12 guage and go shoot people. Or something along those lines. They seems to think that i'm not old enough to know the difference between game and reality, I suppose that columbine thing is in their heads.

Again, I doubt the 'But mom, i've played M games before' excuse will work here if she sees a human body ripped open hanging from the ceiling on my screen...Which is more than likly...

That bites. My mom said the same things about the original Doom games which I started playing when I was 6. Now though, she doesn't care, but still...that bites. :(

DD_133 said:

You guys seemed to miss a point. Your parents don't give a shit. Mine do.

Yeah, damn them for taking an interest in your life and caring about you. What a bunch of assholes.

hu, my mom is a hippy and she is all like against the goverment and crazy hippy shit like that so I really don't think that games bther her. But im 17 anyway so what is she going to do.

Amaster said:

Yeah, damn them for taking an interest in your life and caring about you. What a bunch of assholes.

Yeah I know about that and i'm thankful for it, but they think i'm so fucking immature to play any kind of violent game.

Bloodskull said:

Or else what, cops gonna show up at the door and arrest him? First they said no kids in R rated movies. Wow that really worked didn't it, now you see kids going from the movie they were into a r rated movie because the duschbags that are supposed to watch whose going in don't give a shit. Now you can see R rated movies with your parents, as long as you have "permission by your parents or guardians following they were with you at the time buying the ticket for you". Next it was Parental Advisory cd's, they don't even ask me for a parent. Every store I've been to sell's Mature games to anybody! I saw a fucking 8 year old in target the other day asking the guy to grab Vice city for him. Kid's walking home with a game that his parents don't even care about how bad it is and that a 8 year old shouldn't even be playing it. Now try to tell someone they have to be 18 to buy it or at least play it!

ok . um there is a law even preventing stores from letting under age kids from buying the game

trust me anyone under 18 or looks like they are under 18 will be carded

not old enough = no copy

Heh, im 16 and my parent's never care(d) about me playing violent video games. The stores around here sell violent games to anyone no matter how old they are.

I'm 20 and i got ID'd when i bought Manhunt today, but thats cause its been all over the papers recently, as you can see from the "Manhunt pulled from shelves" thread in EE heh

look down your pants towards you crotch..... if its baby smooth, then your far too y0ung to play this game....

if theres the slightest detection of some pubic hair.... still too young...

if its a f'in jungle... oh, your ready to go.

Yes, I believe you have to be 18 to buy the game (which is odd, since Mature is 17 and up).

I'm fortunate enough to have easy going parents though. My father was way more concerned that you could smoke crack in Postal 2 than how you could make someone's head explode at close range with a shotgun.

Well, as it turns out, my parents didn't mind actually, and i showed them alot of goriness and stuff shown in a manual i got with the game, and they only said "Just as long as you don't play those parts too much"

Whee! Got it installed and all i gotta do is double-click the shortcut.

Kinda shows i'm a paranoid freak at times. Heh

I'm 21 and the only time I can remember when my mom (my dad could've cared less, heheh) wouldn't let me play a violent video game was waaaay back in the days of the original Mortal Kombat. This was back when it had just come out on SNES and Genesis and my mom thought it would be "too violent". Heh, now they could care less what I play.

I'm 40.

No problem with my dad and mom.
They are nice. They don't censor on what game I play with.

God bless America!

DooMBoy said:

(my dad could've cared less, heheh)...

...now they could care less what I play.

Arrrgh! "Couldn't have cared less" and "Couldn't care less"!