Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g a m m o n

Workaround for DM "server full" error

EVERY single time I try to enter a server it says the server is full despite it NEVER being true. The player slots are open and it still ALWAYS gives me that message, unless I choose a server that has 300-500 ping. IT MAKES NO SENSE, if I choose a server with open slots and a LOW ping I can't play. If I choose a 500 ping server it usually works, what in the fuck.

Anyone else have this problem? HELLLP!

Either the master server or the server browser is fucked. After all, iD did say that they were focusing on the single player. :( Which is a shame, because although I love SP to death so far, I want multiplayer goodness.

A patch will probably fix it. Until then, simply highlight the server, jot down the IP, and then duck into the console (ctrl alt tilda (~)) and type

connect <insert IP address here>

i've played it online plenty of times already and i have had no problems what so ever.....

it does that to me too... except it either says its full or it needs a password, even though i filtered out passworded servers..

I'm having similiar problems. Server with 1/4 people, I refresh twice to make sure it's still at 1/4, I attempt to connect, bam server full.

The menu is screwed. I have it set to not show full servers, and then I see one with 1/4 people in it, and I try going in, and it says full. Not to mention lag, and I'm on a cable connection. Hmmm, what's goin on here.

100,000,000 people rushed the server the day of release, And they havent selpt in 3 days and WILL NOT get off.

The server browser is seriosuly fucked. If you want to join a game, jot down it's IP address and connect from the console.

AlexMax said:

The server browser is seriosuly fucked. If you want to join a game, jot down it's IP address and connect from the console.

I dunno about seriously fucked, but it does have its problems. It doesn't sort anything quite right (by clicking the column headers).

As far as lag, I dunno if that's really a bug. The server code may need further optimization, but I've only lagged on higher-pinging servers.

the lag is probably because there arent many good servers yet. i read some pepople are using their pc as a server when they arent playing and only have a cable connection.

same problem here. Quick question though, are any of you guys behind some sort of connection sharing device (aka cable/dsl router)?

i have cable and i was able to connect to some servers... but the one s i connect im as good as a statue...

i try to move but the game moves me back to where i started...

Find a game you like, then manually type in the ip address of the game. Voila! It then works.

You can pay me later (j/k) :)

I too was having this problem.
I tried joining games with 0 people in it. Sorry, the game is full!
No matter what kind of refreshing I did.

I tried to find a server that my friends & I could play on. Nothing worked. After about 20 tries, I finally got into one server. I was the only one online. My friend tried to join the server, but it said the server was full. I was the only person in the game, and it said it was a full server (He refreshed it and it still showed only 1/4 player slots being used)

I also got a lot of servers asking for a password. I even tried filtering servers for "No Passwords" but they still kept coming up. I join it, then it asks for a password.

No amount of refreshing works. Multiplayer is really buggy.
I understand focusing in on single player (and it's great!) but multiplayer from the company that pretty much STARTED multiplayer online First Person shooters.... I expected this to be no problem.

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one having problems. I'm sure that id will fix this very soon.

Yes, I've had that problem too. I think it may have something to do with the way the MP code is written as opposed to the traditional, what was it, "peer-to-peer" connection. I don't know much about it or how it works, but I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

I DID manage to get into a game though... Wasn't too bad actually. It was rather fun, and very fast paced. One of the maps, uhhh, "Lights Out" was probably my favorite. Id software KNEW the players would try to take advantage of the lighting, so you can really only hide for a half of a minute before the lights snap on.

I kicked ass :D

Yeah I'm having this problem also

says 1/4 players I go to connect it says full so I put up a filter

no empty no full no password

I get a new list with the filter

Go to join a server it asks me for a password

Go to join a 2/4 server and it says full

by now Im starting to get mad and I start randomly clicking each server is either full or passworded then I got lucky and got into a laggy server

Yes ID really needs to fix it lol

Heh, I first read this thread expecting the worst when I tried. But lo and behold, I was able to join the servers easily! "I guess this bug isn't affecting me!" I naively thought. Boy was I wrong. I can't join anymore either, I have the exact same problems. I wonder why it didn't happen the first time though.

Heh, offtopic but I spawned into the game and made 2 frags immediatly without dying and the people assumed I was a bot :D

Another nice fellow ingame brought to my attention a little workaround to fix the bad server reportings on the Doom3 Master Server...

Simply pull down your console while looking at the IP address in the server browser, and type 'connect [ip address]' without the quotes and brackets, and it will allow you to connect provided it really ISN'T full.

I already told you guys.

You have to manually type in the ip pf the server, works everytime. We know the multi browser is messed up. Until they fix it, use the ip of the server to connect. Thats all there is to it.

Laguna said:

Id software KNEW the players would try to take advantage of the lighting, so you can really only hide for a half of a minute before the lights snap on.

id Software didn't make the mp maps. Splash Damage did. :D

here are my experiences

I am behind a router.

I created a game and gave the external ip address to my friend, he typed in the IP address and was not able to connect... he used the browser and saw my game and then was able to connect.

Had another friend, saw my game in the browser and it said 1/4 which it was because I was the 1 of 4 in the server but when tried to connect it would say "server full"

everytime we have tried to get this to work it has been hit and miss... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... but for sure the direct IP address thing is not working...

I don't know if this is a router issue or the browser is fuxored.. I did however open all the ports on my router (6443 and 27650-27666) with no change.... (and my first friend was able to connect to my game before I changed the port's statuses on the router.).

Also Activision will not offer support to anyone who is trying to connect behind a router... fyi