Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Scary parts you liked so far

I have to say the part that freaked me out most so far is when doomguy walks into the bathroom and when you look in the mirror, the camera zooms in, red screen, u can see doomguy's face rotting.....

One of the first traps reminds me greatly of some of the traps in Doom2, room turns red - walls slide up - imps attack etc. I liked that.

My next favorite is when you first get the plasma rifle (er, gun), "over here, follow me," so hard to resist, then you get to try it out on some baddies.

loved it early in the game when i was looking out a window and a imp flew threw it that shook me up pretty good

The part where the invasion first occurs actually caused me to panic. I was expecting something like Half-Life where there would be a suspensful, dramatic build-up before the demons invaded. Instead you just walk towards this guy and *BAM*, everything's suddenly fucked.

I forget the level name, but it's the one with the reception area right after the elevator and a UAC video. I had to pass the reception area twice, once to go left, once to go to the right door, and then I had to go back to the left. Wham! Imp ahoy, about an inch in front of my face.

I'd also have to go with the bathroom where you see the rotting face. I wasn't expecting that.

Also there was the part where you hear wispering and then see blood footprints forming on the floor, walking towards you. That really freaked me out.

The bathroom scene scared me because I expected a pinky demon!

The William Banks PDA room scared me as well with the first sighting of the flesh "vines".

The 1st time i started it, I got all the training and got my pistol, i walk into a room and the lights go out so im like "OHH FUCK NOOO NOT YET!!!" and i run out and quit the game, then come back and there wasnt even anything there, Btw this guy needs a real mans flashlight, something with some power.

I got scared of the washbucket and broom or whatever that was flying through the window at me for no reason at all. (Alpha Lab 3)

Also the whole initial "takeover" by the demons was not just scary but so well done. Everyone over voice comm yelling and you can hear gun fire etc.

Bathroom face scene too ya.

I second the Doomguy's face rotting... Fucking spectacular. Second favorite was probably when you're in the Alpha labs (I think it was) and the woman asks you for your help to exact retribution for her stolen child (if you paid attention when he hallucinates and hears the baby crying, she opens a hidden panel for you with some goodies).

Let's see... I'd have to say another was when I first got assraped by the Trites. MAN was that a spooky sight... Just fucking pouring out of the ductwork while I'm waiting for that damn emergency ladder to come down...

The pinky demon intro at the Alpha Labs lobby (I think it was the lobby) was pretty freaky... I about fell out of my chair myself, and what really spooked me wasn't the intro itself, since I knew I'd have to fight him, but the curveball he throws when he gives up on the door and goes frontal on you through the window...

The first sighting of the arch-vile was creepy... Even though it wasn't a cutscene just sitting there in a medium-sized room with no ammo and all of a sudden that fucker comes along and starts raising more hell... Well, it got my heart racing.

Personal favorite? Chainsaw zombie intro... You're walking down a hallway and you hear a small gas motor throttling up and a crazy fucker with a chainsaw charges.

Spookiest part of the game? Hell. The Guardian is a BITCH to defeat.

i thought the 'cut' scene for the maggots was really neat (the one with the guy viviscerated (sp?) and hanging from the cieling impaled on the spikes.

another really cool part was when the first 2 hell knights lumbered out of the gate. they just kinda came in like they were gonna seriously fuck the place up.

also, the first time i fought the archvile, right before i turned the corner i was walking and then *BAM* a UAC worker is slammed against the wall (incredibly fast). not like he was thrown by a hell knight though, it was like he had been shot from a gun.left a really neat looking blood smear >; )

lastly, cabinet # 666 in the room with the video about the soul cube running... that was downright mean. i was COMPLETELY unprepared for that.

*big spoiler*

i also love the way the cyberdemon looks. if the final boss was anything other than ginormous i would have been very dissapointed.... however, the actual fight itself was very dissapointing. if he shot faster (or walked less and shot a lot more) or if there were like 3x as many enemies to fight. or if the room were huge and just filled with enemies, instead of them spawning out of that hole i think it would have been much better. i mean, you start off in that room with all the ammo you could ever want, and u never use any of it. i used like MAYBE 200 rounds for the plasma rifle. thats it. maybe some shotgun ammo as well, i cant remember exactly. but that was it.

Godshatter said:

lastly, cabinet # 666 in the room with the video about the soul cube running... that was downright mean. i was COMPLETELY unprepared for that.

That one didn't get me so much, there was an in-game warning that was going to happen. They said they had locked something in there, it was in an e-mai or something, I forget.

---

I got lucky the first time I fought the Archvile. There was a big hole in the floor of that room and he was in the pit. I accidentally fell into the pit while fighting the imps up above and was face to face with him. He smacked the shit out of me. The second time I knew he was there so I lobbed a bunch of grenades down at him and only had to fight one or two imps afterwards.

I think the Archvile is a lot weaker than he should be. Everytime I faced one I've just unloaded into him until he was dead, then played cleanup with whatever he summoned. The Archvile in the original Doom was a bigger pain the the ass.

-E

Godshatter said:

Did I miss something? I remember that storage container and that room, but nothing scary happened in it when I went through.

Scariest part for me was from an area I can't remember, but there was a small hallway leading to a door and some dead body was laying in front of it. Not thinking much about it, I just ran toward the door when suddenly the whole hallway went red and the corpse flew up and hit the ceiling. Most of the other scares in the game were obvious to me, but when the supernatural started to occur stuff became less predictable, which was fun for a surprise.

there was an imp in there

i open the locker and just see black

then WHAM imp hits me and im like WTF?!

i did not know there was an email about it.

i think there were 3 storage lockers that i could not find the codes for. all were late in the game.

i did find the code to get the BFG out of abrhams room though ^__^

My scariest part of doom 3 was when the installation fucked up my computer and I had to reformat and I lost everything on my pc such projects as code art work ext. it was a REAL hit!

This better be the best fucking game of all time.

Black Hand said:

My scariest part of doom 3 was when the installation fucked up my computer and I had to reformat and I lost everything on my pc such projects as code art work ext. it was a REAL hit!

This better be the best fucking game of all time.

hahahaha

oh, man... that sucks, i definitely know how that goes. farcry fucked a lot of stuff up for me as well.

To be honest, I haven't been scared/horrified/shocked yet. Nothing in this game so far has bothered me or made me jump. Maybe its because it feels so much like quake2 and HL to me...game rocks though...

The part where the marine's face is rotting didn't do anything to me. It looked cool though =D. I liked what they said during that part however because it connected with the PDAs you have read so far up to that point. They all say that workers have been going crazy or losing their minds, and then your character has a hallucination of his own, a very well thought-out plan.

The introduction was cool as well, but once again, nothing has really made me jump or scared. When all hell broke loose, I wasn't scared, I was just like "yes! I get to shoot something now! =D".

I don't really look into doom3 as a scary game anymoe, I just consider it to be one bad-ass game. The sheer gameplay of it so far has just rocked. I interact with people all the time in the game, and the gameplay alone pwns all games that I have to date.

The only thing that I think may scare me is hell, where I'll have to fight more difficult bosses. I don't mean scare as in it's going to give me fear, I mean scare as in suprise me, because my tactics might not work as good. It will be more of a challenge than a fear factor episode.

Besides, isn't that what we want doom3 to be? The game that rocks in gameplay and graphics and never gets old? So far for me, that's exactly what it is... ;)

-C}{rono

You just don't scare easy. I bet you watch a lot of horror movies and have played horror games as well.

Actually, I avoid watching horror movies...they really do bother me. But with video games it just doesn't happen, and I don't know why. I have seen some horror movies like 28 days after (or is it later?), and they really fuck with me. Doom3 just doesn't... =/

I'm the opposite. I love the adrenaline jolt of a good scare, but I could count the movies that have creeped me out consistently on one hand, and I've seen just about every major horror film ever released and a lot more besides.

Games do it for me. Quake was the king in the scare department before Doom 3.

Jesus christ. id wasn't joking when they said this game isn't for the cowardly. I was scared to death when the invasion occured. Com yelling, screams, lights flickering, sergeant yelling, gunfire, music, bodies hanging from ceiling. Then after I shot a couple zombies I freaked out, saved and quit.

I must be a wuss to be creeped out like that. :D

That's as far as i've got. But this game is fun, and nightmares or not i'm gonna keep playing. :D

I got freaked out in the beginning before the demon invasion when I went into the bathroom and checked out the last stall. It was dark and I didn't have a flashlight yet. At that point you start to hear the strange, but faint whispering. That gave me the creeps.

Heh when the guy at the beginning is like "You don't understand. There is a devil. I built his cage." and then all hell breaks loose. That was freaky. Not only that but when the zombie was eating the fat zombies inards, and then they both got up nonchalantly and started to lurch forward. And when the fat zombie was sitting on the toilet and got up too attack.

cmdr jalepeno said:

I got freaked out in the beginning before the demon invasion when I went into the bathroom and checked out the last stall. It was dark and I didn't have a flashlight yet. At that point you start to hear the strange, but faint whispering. That gave me the creeps.

I heard the whispers too. I thought it was a machine or something at first but I think I heard words. There's a lot of paranormal stuff going on in the UAC outpost, I really like that.

I love the part in Alpha level 3 or 4 I think. There's a part where *spoiler* you crawl under section of wall and you walk forward and hear voices then you see a skeleton in front of you. Then you creep foward and then it flies sideways as if the ghost shoved it. That scared the crap out of me. Plus the ghost laughs at you after that.

Also the bloody footprints, "They took my baby" scene. Loved it!!!

hmmm.....

when u kill a huge spawn then something says some words (i forgot)

i jump when zombies come out of the dark corner and attack u

wat also freaked me out was when i heard "Hurry follow me!" or something like that leads to a locked door

also another freaky thing was when tereca turned into the lost soul

edit: i think after teh spawn they say "Choose us!" (dunno if they say any other things)

I love the part in Alpha level 3 or 4 I think. There's a part where *spoiler* you crawl under section of wall and you walk forward and hear voices then you see a skeleton in front of you. Then you creep foward and then it flies sideways as if the ghost shoved it. That scared the crap out of me. Plus the ghost laughs at you after that.

Hahah, that is exactly the same thing I was going to mention. Jeez that part scared me. I'm crawling through the duct and i see a skeleton in front of me. Normal site ya know. Then when i get closer to it, it suddenly flies away and you hear laughing. Scared me good because I wasn't expecting it whatsoever.