Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SubSpace

Can't climb ladder

There's a ladder in Delta Reactor Room which I can climb up, but I get stuck at the top of the ladder and I can't actually reach the platform it leads to.

Screenshot

Is this normal? I don't see a reason why climbing the ladder shouldn't work..

Never had a problem with this myself. Some parts of the game require jumping in order to get around the sometimes odd geometry - so try jumping up off the ladder.

Or simply type NOCLIP at the console and fly up off the ladder (it's not really cheating, since you're getting around a game bug).

Yeah it sure looks like a bug..
In the same area I can't even run up stairs normally, I have to jump to ascend stupid 15 centimeter steps.

Since you get stuck in the area and I've tried ways to get around using the stairs (can't get on the pipes in the are) I'm pretty sure it's a bug :<

Hmmm that does sound really odd... I think your config file might be buggered, try deleting it (DoomConfig.cfg in your Base folder), or renaming it - then try Doom again with the default settings.

This problem reminds me of a console setting, pm_playerheight and pm_stepheight I think were the variables. The stepheight one alters the height of a raised surface which the player can traverse without requiring a jump...

Try typing "pm_" then press TAB. This will list all the available commands for that kind of function (use PGUP and PGDN to scroll through them). Then, just mess around with the values and see if they help.

BTW, enabling the console is done through CTRL+ALT+~.

It's not a bug. Try moving left or right on the ladder (strafe left and strafe right). I had this problem, but basically if your not centered on the ladder you may be bumping your head on something which doesn't allow you to get up.

I used noclip to get around the one ladder, but it seems from now on they're all bugged :(

Guess I'll try loading a (way old) non Quicksave :(

insertwackynamehere said:

It's not a bug. Try moving left or right on the ladder (strafe left and strafe right). I had this problem, but basically if your not centered on the ladder you may be bumping your head on something which doesn't allow you to get up.

Not the case, I tried that for like 5 minutes...

Ok, I spent some time replaying from an old savegame (not my most recent quicksave), which fixed the problem.

Whatever the bug is, it's persistant across savegames and restarting Doom 3.