Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S1lent

Don't like Demons burning away? Try this.

Nice. I didn't care about the disappearing corpses, but Doom and Doom II had all the bodies and this is cool. Plus more blood.

I can't download from that site. Dunno why, is there another place to get ungibbable?

-E

Well, all the "Download Now" links re-direct you to FileFront and you download it there. So you could try searching for it there. If that doesn't work, than try eithr googling it or seeing if FilePlanet has it.

I never said I didn't like it. I just posted it for people who didn't.

It's not that many windows. I know clicking your mouse a few times can be a real strain but I think we can manage it.

Your computer must be pretty sad if having some corpses lying around turns it into a "slimy pile of goo"

Not mine, but I'm only saying it probably will turn other lower-end PC's running Doom3 into mush. BTW, I just tried your mod, and I can say that it somehow adds to the eeriness of the game when the corpses stay... It was actually a pretty good idea for the higher-end PC's.

I know hehe. Even though I know they won't get up, I think everytime I step over a zombie, it'll jump up and grab me lol. And all the corpses lying around add to the whole creepy death thing. If you can get them to die leaning on a wall it's even better :)

I wouldn't recommend it for lower-end PCs though.

Thanks for the download. While this is cool, I'd rather have a mod that only made the demons gib and have all the zombies/zsec shick around. There one for that or a page that explains how I can make one?

-E

Endureth said:

a mod that only made the demons gib and have all the zombies/zsec shick around. There one for that or a page that explains how I can make one?

-E

No prob! Thats what i did and here's what you do, take the ungibbable mod and open up the .pk4 with winrar and in the Def folder delete the monsters you want to burn away like normal. Now who ever is left (player, zombies, pinky etc) will stay as the mod intends.. just close winrar and it'll save the change. :)

EDIT also if you like the demons burning away but want them to stick around for a while before burning....

Junkguy, maker of the mod said:

If you want to change this amount of time, you can open the
Ungibbable.pk4 with Winzip, go to the script directory, and extract
ai_monster_base.script
Open it with notepad/wordpad, and near the middle look for
monster_base::state_Dead
Change the number in sys.wait( 54 ); to whatever number of seconds you
would like.

-Junkguy

Okay, that worked great. Now my Zsecs and zombies stick around once they're dead and the demons burn away after 2 seconds. It really adds to the game for me.

The only thing that seems weird is trites and ticks hang around for 2 seconds before exploding. That looks weird, so how do I make them pop right away?

So now I want some that always pop, some that wait 2 seconds and some that never pop. If I could have zombies and Zsecs gib if they receive a certain amount of damage (to at least keep some gibbing in the game) that would be sweet. I'll look up how to do this, but if you happen to know I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

-E