Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epistax

Funny is not funny?

I noticed some of the first reviewers said that the game's attempt at humor had a bad result. I'm sorry but I was giggling for 5 minutes when the UAC station advertised their psychological services and that chicken punching game took away at least another five minutes of my life. The audio logs of the personnel being disgruntled for various reasons is also amusing and I like listening to them- I think they add to the game. It gives you a chance to basically turn off the atmosphere if you're shitting yourself.

Are most people with me thinking that the humor is at a good level? I'm not too far into the game so if later on hell knights are doing the foxtrot I don't know about it yet.

I know there isn't much for spoilers here but I want to be sure not to ruin anything for the 95% of the world that does not have the game yet.

Not a foxtrot, the macarena.

I find the game very amusing also. I especially like how brains fly out of the corpses whe you shoot 'em.

I think I'd appreciate the audio logs more if I wasn't as pre-occupied with not getting killed. I find them a little tedious to listen to actually.

They're amusing and somewhat tragic when you slow down to think about it.

Here you are, peeking into these peoples lives, when it's very likely that not 3 minutes ago you just popped their zombiefied brains out with a shotgun blast.

I love the audio logs. I listen to every single one as well as read their emails even when I know there isn't some secret code in them. It really opens the story and brings you into the world of these people who were living and working on Mars.

Plus the voice acting is top notch, a rarity nowadays.

I love the little touches of humor. It's overdone or done in a campy way. In fact most of it's done realisically. Like one supervisor saying how incompetent his workers are in his audio logs, and then seeing like 3 emails from one of his workers saying he's not going to be coming in because he's sick. Or all the spam people get from a particular website. It only makes the world and the people (who used to be there) all the more real.

-Jomero

I like the humour.

In other news, I wanna get spam from a site that will send me a free chaingun. :(

JustinCase said:

...I think I'd appreciate the audio logs more if I wasn't as pre-occupied with not getting killed. I find them a little tedious to listen to actually.

Don't forget that you can start an audio log and then put your PDA down, so you can listen to it while doing other stuff like watching your ass for demons.

JustinCase said:
I find the game very amusing also. I especially like how brains fly out of the corpses whe you shoot 'em.

I shot the brains out of a headless zombie. Now where do you suppose he had been hiding it?

Mancubus II said:

Don't forget that you can start an audio log and then put your PDA down, so you can listen to it while doing other stuff like watching your ass for demons.

Yeah, I do that too. But when an imp teleports infront of me, I'm not listening anymore...

EllipsusD said:

I shot the brains out of a headless zombie. Now where do you suppose he had been hiding it?

Well, I've heard my wife say that men think with their dicks, so that would mean...

EllipsusD said:

I shot a headless zombie and he clearly yelled "BRAINS!" at me. Now he had a tongue and throught, but how does he form the word brains without lips? :P

Lol. In the beginning, before the demons come, I walked around UAC and the first thing I said was "It's like walking through an airport." Mostly because of the video propaganda playing on the monitors, the many computers, the intercom announcements, and the how the televisions sound. I just thought that was kindof funny :) It's a scary game with a good dose of humor.

Well, I kinda laughed when they talked about the guy getting his arms and legs ripped off by some machine in an email. They ended up nicknaming him "Torsoboy" which, i couldnt help but crack up a little

I think the funniest part so far is the guy who claims to be the main force behind all the new technologies behind the UAC and what a pleasure it is to work for his supervisor and that he hopes to be remembered when it is time for promotion...

...and then the other person's log is calling him a role playing, gnome bashing geek (or something like that, it was funnier that what I wrote here) and not to look forward to his next review.

"Have a nice day!" made me rofl.
Those who have been there know what I'm talking about! :P

Its not the worlds funniest game : p
But id say that whenever they attempted to be funny they came out pretty successfully.