Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malevolent

Doom for GBA

I just beat it today too on HNTR. Kinda sucks that the last level is Fortress of Mystery. But hey, after all, it is a handheld, and it's pretty impressive FWIW.

About the music, it may suck in terms of instrumentation, but it's still nice to collect.

ah, crap... I am stuck at the beginning of a level in episode 3. All I got is about 30 rockets and 4 shotgun shells. :(

Crap.

One more thing... have Cacodemons always been that FAST!?

nope. the cacodemons took steroids. i personally think it's sweet that they sped up and are more agressive. the cacodemons are actually deadlier than barons of hell. added challenge kicks ass. try playing mount erebus on ultra violence (ok, nightmare) and try taking on the slew of cacos that get unleased upon you after you exit the building where you get the blue key.

I just noticed something on your ftp folder; you're only missing E2M1-The Demons from Adrian's Pen and E2M2-Intermission From DOOM (which it really isn't in this version).

Any chance you're working on those?

I assumed e2m2 was a weird version of the intermission song. any idea which song it is?

[edit] ok... i never read the post that carefully... what the hell happened to the mp3s? i'll re-rip them right away.

damn guys! you make me want GBA doom more now. need 90 bucks to get GBA first and then 30 to get doom. i drool over the possiblity of playing doom in study hall, without a laptop

The missing mp3s are up! Sorry about that... must've forgot to move them.

As well, the Doom Music page on my website will have the GBA Doom MP3s tonite.

That is, they'll be on the website AFTER I see Geri Ryan on Boston Public... Spank me teacher!

/me slobbers uncontrollably.

I honestly don't see what the big fricking deal over GBA doom is.

1. It's portable

2. It's better then the SNES and 32X ports.

3. You can finally play Doom on the road on a portable handheld!

That's just the kind of crap I'd expect from a person who likes Cake! That band stinks. I know it's been said, but I just had to say it again!

PORTABLE DOOM!!!!

Is that sarcasm? I can't tell with you. Anyway, I understand the "portable doom" aspect, but when "portable doom" has to be played on a downsized screen, with two-four buttons and a control pad as your controls, multiplayer only accessable if you have a friend willing to play, and above all, NO CUSTOMIZABILITY (which, if you ask me, is the cheif reason doom has survived as long as it did).

Not like I'm trying to sound like a dick or anything, but I'd rather just listen to a CD or read a book on a road trip or in school then I would try to play Doom on one of those GBAs... also, that isn't just sour grapes or anything, my sis has a GBA and she'd gladly let me borrow it in exchange for my CD player on a trip, and I have all the money I need for GBA doom.

That's just the kind of crap I'd expect from a person who likes Cake!

I swear, the way these newbies (ralphis/BBG included) talk about me, you'd think all Cake fans were KKK members with bioweapons.

That band stinks.

If you're not into originality, innovation, humor, and emotion in your music. What's good music to you?

Is that sarcasm? I can't tell with you.

I'm not even sure myself.

Anyway, I understand the "portable doom" aspect, but when "portable doom" has to be played on a downsized screen, with two-four buttons and a control pad as your controls, multiplayer only accessable if you have a friend willing to play, and above all, NO CUSTOMIZABILITY (which, if you ask me, is the chief reason doom has survived as long as it did).

Care to finish this sentence anytime soon?

Care to finish this sentence anytime soon?

Oh shit, I just disgraced my English nerd self with that damned sentance. Got lost in the details I guess. I'm not going to be even more of a moron and try to escape my mistake by editing the post, so here goes...

Anyway, I understand the "portable doom" aspect, but when "portable doom" has to be played on a downsized screen, with two-four buttons and a control pad as your controls, multiplayer only accessable if you have a friend willing to play, and above all, NO CUSTOMIZABILITY (which, if you ask me, is the chief reason doom has survived as long as it did), then it's just going to lose it's fun factor after the first 300 times through the same levels.

I might buy it anyway, I'm just saying...

On another note, I wish the GBA had enough buttons for Hexen :)

Liam the Bard

Whoooaaaaa, I thought I was replying to deady there :P

Well it looks like we've both made our mistakes :D

Well, our avatars look the same at a glance, since I moved back to Poe. Next upload period, I'm sending in some more famous authors and poets.

Who got it?

Pickle-Hammer got it...UP THE ASS!
Buahaha!

Oh yeah, and I see no reason to get Doom GBA...its a waste of cartrige. Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't have a GBA yet...

On the road isn't the only place Doom GBA has its uses...

In the work breakroom, when me and my co-workers take a 15 minute break there's barely enough time to do anything aside from sit and stare. That's where doom comes in, 15 minutes is enough to get a good quick deathmatch in... and hey, why not?

At the movie theater. When final fantasy first came out, the theaters here were packed but we'd (me and a bunch of friends from school) gotten tickets ahead of time. While we were sitting waiting to get in, I can't tell you how fun it was to play bomberman with 3 other people hehe

I put windows xp on my friends gateway, and during the hour install, was able to get in tons of deathmatch without having to leave the system I was working at...

Anyway, Doom GBA has its upsides and its downsides, but I think it's well worth the 40 bucks I paid for it

Nintendo ROCKS as a company. They've done tons of shit to the video game industry that has made it better. Jesus Christ, even if you sit down and play their most pink and faggoty games you'll realize that they are just Goddamned fun to play.

Except Pokemon... I'm starting to HATE RPGs now.

I mean, shit, I STILL have my 96 hour savegame in Final Fantasy III where I did everything perfectly and levelled every character to 99, one at a time, carefully monitoring Espers so they'd get the best bonuses.

When Edgar hits 128 MP he becomes God. Even the Autocrossbow will do straight 9999's on the last bosses. I had Relm do the Magic Tower by herself and Terra beat the last boss in one turn.

I loved the story to that game.

Then I got seven, and the story was weird but the game definitely had a charm to it. I wasn't going to spend 10 hours ON EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SPELL though, that's just retarded. The fact that I almost always played the game with a Bartles & James and Fear Factory sorta made the game more tasty though.

Then I got eight and it was a fucking NIGHTMARE FROM HELL. Stupid graphics, stupid music, stupid magic system and fucking stupid storyline.

Nine was supposed to be better. It is. The storyline is so damn shallow and humorous though they forget to give you a reason to actually DO ANYTHING for most of the game.

Goddamn RPGs. Chrono Trigger was fucking amazing. Star Ocean 2 was fucking amazing. Legend of Mana was good, but needed a more cohesive storyline.

CUT OUT THE STUPID FUCKING POLYGONS. CUT OUT THE STUPID FUCKING FMV. CUT OUT THE STUPID FUCKING TEN MILLION DOLLAR ENGINE TEAM. HIRE TWO PEOPLE THAT KNOW HOW TO TYPE A STORY AND SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY READ ENGLISH TO TRANSLATE IT.

Maybe then I'll play them again, you know, when they start making them fun again. Forcing me to play online simultaneously with 20,000 cockmongers sure as fuck isn't the answer.

The only Japanese RPGs I care for are:
Final Fantasy 4,5, and 6
Chronotrigger
Breath of Fire 2 (retarded translation makes it funnier)
Note: all are on the SNES.