Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarchWhelp

Former Marines

I have to say, the former marines are awesome enemies. Everything from their physical appearance to their AI. I love how their red eye slits can be seen in darkness and how they zombie talk into their mics (I wonder what they actually say?). Not to mention that the AI for the machine gun weilding former marines is really good.

Anyone else agree, or have a monster they think kicks teh ass?

I think Imps are awesomely well done. They have a bunch of scripted animations so they can pop up from a surprising number of places, and I just love the way their fireballs are handled. If you shoot an imp when it's throwing a fireball, it won't continue through with the throw animation, it will flinch, still holding the fireball and wait to regain it's balance before lobbing it at you.

I like how the fireballs respond to gravity. It adds a kinda third dimension to dodging. In some situations you otherwise wouldn't be able to dodge you now can, and in others when you would be able to you now can't.

As for the marines, yes I think it's really cool that they dodge everything I do to them. However, as for the marines, I think it's really shity that they dodge everything I do to them. You read that right.

the combat roll that the pistol carying z-sec zombies can do surprised the shit outa me. i saw one do it and just kinda stopped and stared while he plinked me. i mean it was so FAST. and he came out of it shooting. it was incredible. i gave him a shotgun blast to the mouth for his trouble. i thought it was fair trade.

Heh I remember turning a corner and getting hit point blank by what I think was a shotgun, I flew all the way across the room. The zombies are my favorite there’s no competition for them. The Zsec are nice with their strafing to the side, the whole idea of a smart zombie in doom is new but its nice having a more “worthy” adversary.

Speaking of being blown from point a to point b.
Outside the base I accidentally detonated a radiation can next to me and was blown literally into the horizon were I landed on some huge "ridge" right at the end of the skybox. Shortly thereafter I ran out of air and died. I got a really cool view of the mars “city” in the distance it was very impressive.