Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

About Final Doom

Did they ever release a plain DOS version of Final Doom? It seems Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 were released DOS and Doom95, but it seems I can only find the Doom95 version of Final Doom. Did they release a DOS version of it?

Yes, in the original Final DOOM box, you get DOOM95 and two DOOM2.exe with a few tweaks for the new iwads.

Hmm, interesting; that made me look into my back-up of my first copy of Final DOOM, downloaded from GT Interactive years back, which contains a directory called DWANGO95. It also includes the DOS installations, naturally.

I know no one asked, but the only place where you can get the origional Final DOOM box is from ID's website, since it seems nowadays it's only avalible through CE.

Or at least i think the only place is ID's site.

DarkJedi188 said:

As far as I can recall, I've only seen Final Doom on sale for Windows95. I've never seen Final Doom on sale for DOS.

The main installation was the Doom95.exe. But both IWADs could be installed with the DOS Exe. Those were in some subdirectories.

Yeah, I noticed that my Doom 2 for Windows 95 CD had an autorun feature but I just went onto the CD and went into a folder called Doom2 and there was a DOS installation program (thankfully).

Yes, there is a Dos version of Final DooM, it's the version we use for Compet-N.

Also, the wad files work on the original DooM2.exe, or the new DooM2.exe (Which is recently been called FDooM.exe)