Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jomero

"They Took My Baby" ?

Ok, I'm waaaaay past this part, but it's bugging me because I couldn't figure out what to do when I was there.

At some point, you'll see some bloody footprints magically appear on the ground and lead you to a locked door. You'll hear a "save my baby!" and a baby crying. And then you'll have a demonic vision. I never figured out how to open that door.

Is there a way to do it? And what's behind the door?

I doubt it, it's probably just a thing to scare the shit out of you. But hey, maybe you could noclip behind it and see?

I would but I'm way past that point and didn't make a specific savegame there. Oh well. I guess I'll check it out when I go through the game on nightmare mode.

AirRaid said:

"They took my baby"

You didn't use a period, and therefore you didn't quote it correctly either!

Heh. Read that as, I really don't care how close I am to quoting a video game correctly. This isn't a college course on Shakespeare. It's DooM. :-D

Im not too sure about this, but when i got there and heard "They took my baby!" then i went back after being unable to open the door, i saw a stash of ammo lined up near the wall, that I hadnt noticed before. Either I hadn't noticed, or it appeared after I saw the vision i think. I think the "ghost" left you a present after listening to her or something, but whatever.

Jomero said:

This isn't a college course on Shakespeare.

Who said it was?

I always thought that the first major boss, before retriving the comm card, was the woman and her baby from the earlier scene you mentioned. Notice the "spider's" abdomen? It looks like a baby - clearly it's fused to it's mother. I suppose she was united with her baby once and for all. Strange stuff.

Well I am slow in getting through the game, just got the plasma gun and such last night and getting further. I got to the fist point where the foot prints are, scared the shit out of me. Damn. God this game is gettin better each time I play it.

In Alpha Labs Sector 4 - Reactor Processing - Processing Junction 2:

As you walt down the corridor, a female voice wishpers "Follow me... Hurry... They took my baby...".

As you approach the closed door at the end of the corridor, you lose control for a couple seconds while the screen flashes red and you hear a baby crying.

What's up with this? Anyone got any new information since the last post a ways down the forum?

Thanks!!!

Raptor said:

Thats were her head pops off and turns into a lost soul.

Nope you're thinking of the next section with Teresa where you get the enhanced plasma rifle. This scene is before that one. It's right before the part where you have an option extend a service bridge or fight it out to get to the next section. It's Creepy as hell because you never see the ghost, just her bloody footprints. When you follow them into the next corridor and get the crap scared out of you, you're awarded with ammo and armor when you're rushing back out of the corridor. :)

Hoss78412 said:

What's up with this? Anyone got any new information since the last post a ways down the forum?

Threads merged.

When i first saw the, "they took my baby" part, i just followed the ghost. I thought if i shot it the thing would attack. It scared the hell out of me.

I didnt see any of the stuff you guys are talking about, and ive been playing thourhg the game slowly and carefully, hmm

*Reloads to find the savegame*

You don't see a ghost, but you apparently see bloody footsteps coming towards you.

Although I didn't catch seeing them. Ah well, it's not like I'm NOT going to play the game again.

oh yeah i did see that, one of the few moments in the game that was actually scary rather thanjust jumping out at you and shocking

I can't believe it... I think I somehow totally missed that!! The only thing I remember that comes close to this is the part where the first lost soul is revealed.

But this is before that, so I really don't remember seeing it. Odd.

Wobbo said:

I didnt see any of the stuff you guys are talking about, and ive been playing thourhg the game slowly and carefully, hmm

Me neither. I just finished the game but I don't remember seeing all this.

Jomero said:

You didn't use a period, and therefore you didn't quote it correctly either!

Heh. Read that as, I really don't care how close I am to quoting a video game correctly. This isn't a college course on Shakespeare. It's DooM. :-D

Save that shit for Bloodshedder. :p

When the lady talks about her missing baby, she also opens up a panel in the wall back around the corner with some ammo (including a plasma pack).

IIRC, this is at the Alpha Labs around the time when Sarge instructs you to take either the EFR system or extend the service bridge.

I found that part to be particular spooky myself.

I think it was a ghost victom, and she left you some good stuff. BUt MY first impression after the holy shit mommemt. Was that it was the cherub trying to trick me into an ambush. but since the door didn't open ( at all in fact ) I figured it was just the ghost of a victom. but then other than this the rest of the level was so annoying, ( maybe it was because of the choice I made at the comp. ) that I left as soon as I could.