Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazer

Remake episode 1 for Doom 3...

You know it's gonna be done eventually. Hell it doesn't even have to be that detailed since it's episode 1. Anyone gonna do it?

Yes, someone will, no, they wont personally tell you when they do, also we have had at least 4 threads i can remember off the top of my head suggesting building the original levels in doom 3

Lazer said:

You know it's gonna be done eventually. Hell it doesn't even have to be that detailed since it's episode 1. Anyone gonna do it?

If I had Doom3, experience with mapping in a 3D engine, and the computer to run Doom3, you can bet I'd be willing to help, me being the E1 nut I am. But alas, I have none of these things :(
I also agree with Ichor that E2 or 3 or possibly 4 remade in the Doom3 engine would be cool beyond words.

Yes a remake of episode 4 would be nice. I've got plenty of experience Half-Life mapping, UT2K# mapping and some other 3D mapping/modeling. Maybe when I beat the game I'll start up a remake project or I'll join one if there's already been one started.

I bet E2M8 would be a simple yet fun remake. It's just gotta be done right. Now lemme learn the Doom 3 editing program and I'll make version 1... (version 1 is a simple remake, version 2 will have extreme graphic upgrades)

I guess all my Half-Life mapping has payed off. The editor used is much like Half-Life mapping. I'll have the map done in no time.

EDIT: Progress: (ignore the 1 light source)

Lazer said:

I guess all my Half-Life mapping has payed off. The editor used is much like Half-Life mapping. I'll have the map done in no time.

EDIT: Progress: (ignore the 1 light source)

(Image)

Tower of Babel?

Ya, remake all the episodes from Doom (or UDoom if you want), then move on to Doom II, and then Final Doom.

Make it a giant mod pack.

I better not find anyone trying to remake the doom64 levels, because I call that idea first >:(

idea:next version of Jdoom, jheretic, jhexen, and doomsday use the doom3 model engine, so that way we even get a doom3 style spider mastermind. better then just remkaing one episode :p

I have an idea, A little less talk a lot more action!!! like that elvis song (Elvis is as outa place in doom forums as michle more at an NRA meeting)

Ok map structure is like 95% done (I say 95% cuz I still gotta work out the doors and how that switch works etc). Otherwise everything is made to the exact dimensions of the original. Now I just gotta learn some stuff to do with switches and scripting and I should be all set.

BAH I can't even get the map editor to work and I came up with the Doom remakes first *cries*

DD_133 said:

BAH I can't even get the map editor to work and I came up with the Doom remakes first *cries*

create a shortcut to doom3.exe and add these parameters afer the exe:
+editor +r_multiSamples 0 +r_fullscreen 0 +r_mode 5

editor means to enable editor mode
r_multisamples 0 means to turn off antialiasing (won't work if doom has this set), r_fullscreen 0 - disable fullscreen mode, and r_mode 5 means to run the editor in 1024x768 resolution.

And one more thing, look in pak000.pk4 and find doom.qe4 and extract it to /base along with editor.cfg.

Ok, heres the update but keep in mind I don't have those marbface textures for the pillars. (Anyone make any hires ones I can use?)

I need those marbface textures.

I need to work on the switches, the doors need to look more true to the original, and I need better lighting. (The ceiling is pitch black)

Dude, excellent work... I was hoping somebody would remake Tower of Babel

Since Tower of Babel is kindava boss level for E2, how bout somebody remaking Phobos Anomoly? It's the first time you meet Barons of Hell in the game, and it had a really creepy atmosphere to it.

Keep up the awsome work, love the screenies

Episode 1 - textures like the beginning of DooM 3.
Episode 2 - looks that match that level where you meet the Revenant.
Episode 3 - Hell.
Episode 4 - Martian Civilization theme.

:D

lmao, doom
this is going to be great, games not been out for more then a week and we have all this suff for it already and new maps on the way

dude, keep up the good work, looks great, post a link where we can DL it when u are done!

Hmmm. I know some purists will hate this idea, but why not make the tower of Babel an ACTUAL tower? I was always disappointed with that even back in 1993. I say extend the middle structure to be huuuuge. :-)

Jomero said:

Hmmm. I know some purists will hate this idea, but why not make the tower of Babel an ACTUAL tower? I was always disappointed with that even back in 1993. I say extend the middle structure to be huuuuge. :-)

That's the plan eventually. And I am using the JDoom hires textures...

Lazer said:

Progress:

It's a bad idea to use the original Doom textures in your own mod. I know this because I attempted something similar from Half-Life and Id gave me a cease and desist.

I'd be careful who I show that to... :(

(P.S: Looks nice!)

Laguna said:

I know this because I attempted something similar from Half-Life and Id gave me a cease and desist.

True but this IS an id Software game...

In any event maybe people should use the high-rez alternate textures, they're a) free to use and b) uh, higher rez. Only problem is that c) a lot of them look dumb.

The level is looking good. Now that I've figured out the DooM 3 editor, maybe I can start with a DooM 1 remake of a level.

It'll be like mapping for YPOD all over again (I was not affiliated with the project - and, no, I didn't release anything I made), but even better!