Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibalpostman

Id made somethings real and some not...

first off. the mars atmosphere....no oxygen is a good idea, but noone ever thought ahead to the fact that the gravity would crush you completely...your eardrums would pop and neck snap. sure they say they're trying to make it liveable but unless you can change its mass and orbit entirely the gravity will remain. that and the glass that is surrounding mars base must be at least 100x tougher than bulletproof so theres no way a simple shotgun glass could pop it...maybe, maybe a bfg shot could melt it.(this is incorrect, stop posting about it.)

secondly, the chainsaw. after about 2 kills the saw would get gummed up by meat or the blade would be so dull from cutting bones.

lastly, the shotgun.
to add onto the "gibbing" theory, a shotgun does not cause a full body explosion. rather at point blank the pellets would be tight enough and with enough power to blow a hole straight through the baddie. at medium range it would be powerful penetration and decent stopping power. at far range it is useless, the pellets lose velocity and the spread even on a full choke gun becomes wide. so basically a close range shot would blow the skull off of anything short of iron construction (tank bitch). and the pellet spread should be different at different ranges...it seems rather the same wide ass spread to me the whole time. Id powered down the shotgun for some reason...and being white trash i do not appreciate their ungrateful portrayal.

if you wish to counter rant me go nuts, but Id started this thread by trying to add realism to a game where...a package with a red cross on it heals a broken neck?

Theres blades for cutting metal, That chainsaw is not going to dull just by killing people with it, And im no science major but isnt mars smaller then earth? So the gravity would be much less.

Demons don't exist either but you made no mention of that. It's just a game.

-E

Um, what planet are you on, what caused hittler to be hittler, Who was rasputin? Theies were demonic people (Possesed) Theres demons trust me.

why would mars crush you? it has less mass than earth, and the atmosphere is far thinner. you may be thinking of venus which has a very thick atmosphere, but there you would also burn up
while eardrums could/would pop, you would not be crushed. nor would you explode like in "total recall" basicly would be like standing in an unpressurized airplane cabin.

also.... its a game.

Yea the shotgun isn't very realistic, but they super increased the "spread" of the shotgun to make sure that the machinegun remains valuable.

Raptor said:

Um, what planet are you on, what caused hittler to be hittler, Who was rasputin? Theies were demonic people (Possesed) Theres demons trust me.

-E

Raptor said:

Hitler was a genious, he was a very smart man, just psychotic.

I sense Godwin's Law.

Anyway, the reason not everything is realistic is because one must make certain allowances and exceptions for the purpose of entertainment. The same thing is done in movies and TV shows.

cannibalpostman said:

first off. the mars atmosphere....no oxygen is a good idea, but noone ever thought ahead to the fact that the gravity would crush you completely...your eardrums would pop and neck snap.

ok, mars is smaller, its gravity is significantly less than earth standard. however, the air preasure could be livable- but there is low oxygen. why in the hell would your neck snap?

cannibalpostman said:
lastly, the shotgun.
to add onto the "gibbing" theory, a shotgun does not cause a full body explosion. rather at point blank the pellets would be tight enough and with enough power to blow a hole straight through the baddie. at medium range it would be powerful penetration and decent stopping power. at far range it is useless, the pellets lose velocity and the spread even on a full choke gun becomes wide. so basically a close range shot would blow the skull off of anything short of iron construction (tank bitch). and the pellet spread should be different at different ranges...it seems rather the same wide ass spread to me the whole time. Id powered down the shotgun for some reason...and being white trash i do not appreciate their ungrateful portrayal.
[/B]

well, i, for one, am very dissapointed in both the spread of the shotgun (it spreads way to wide and too fast and too randomly) and the sound of it going off... though the sound is not as bad as it could have been.

that gibbing ur talking about happens if you damage a body/zombie beyond a certain point, reguardless of your weapon. think of it as overkilling. hell, you can do it with the pistol. it only takes about 7-8 shots (more for a fat zombie).

Alientank said:

I think he’s just the worlds most successful lunatic, not to sure about the genius.

"well, i, for one, am very dissapointed in both the spread of the shotgun (it spreads way to wide and too fast and too randomly) and the sound of it going off..."

I know exactly what you mean, if it were up to me id get rid of machine gun, give the regular shotgun a very "close" spread and then add the double barreled shotgun with a really wide spread. It wouldn't really be "realistic" to a futuristic space facility but it would have been much more enjoyable.

Alientank said:

Einstein was smarter and he could have been killed by Hitler if he didn't escape Germany. But he didn't do anything evil. ANyway, if you do something like what Hitler did, then your IQ doesn't matter you're still a fucking dumbass.

That’s not very disputable, Hitler was pretty much a full-fledged idiot, half of his acts were self-destructive and the other half was only destructive to the innocent. He went a long ways because he had the best country to go a long ways in. I can understand glorifying our conquered enemies to feel pride but Hitler is just a category of his own.

Now can we talk about something more appropriate like shooting a zombies sternum from pointblank with a shotgun and splattering its gored remains all over the rusted metal floors and walls.

He was a master speaker and very good at playing at the misfortunes of Germans during that time period. That said, he was a horrible commander of the armed forces and doomed his side by firing his competant staff.

This thread really got interesting when someone started vouching for the existence of demons. What an interesting guy!

Falius said:

This thread really got interesting when someone started vouching for the existence of demons. What an interesting guy!

And that same guy is so incredably smart too, just look at some of his other posts!

I now realize mars was smaller...but wouldnt that make you run slower at least?

and as far as hitler goes, he pulled germany out of the worst depression in world history. Great leader, horrible person.

Raptor said:

Who was rasputin?

rasputin was a PIMP.

Indeed, Rasputin was a pimp. And really, all you people for some reason bashing people for calling Hitler a genius... seriously, you dont think bad people can be very smart? I mean seriously, if he was a dumbass, I dont think he could have wound his way up the ranks, charm a country, and slowly ease them into the idea of mass genocide, until he had total control without anyone knowing it. Hitler was a genius. An asshole, but he wasnt stupid.

And yes, Rasputin was pretty badass.

He WASN'T smart.

1) It's like I always say, "people aren’t the smartest people around." Simply because Hitler convinced a country to commit genocide doesn't make him smart.

2) Most of the German people had no idea whatsoever of the scope of the genocide if you told a typical Nazi citizen that 6 million people were killed in the "camps" he probably would have laughed you out of town.

3) The government is engineered for stupid people to reach the top.

4) Genius isn't a word to describe someone who scares off his top scientists, willingly declares war on America while at war with Britain and preparing a war with Russia and kills his top general.

5) And people did know that he had taken control that’s probably why there were various assassination attempts at his life.

Id love to end this "Hitler topic" but I’m not going to sit here as a bunch of idiots give Hitler, a screwlose stoneless nut bag, the prestigious title of "tactical genius", "genius" ext.

The mans ONLY notable achievement is his ability to march an army around a fucking wall that isn't genius. Neither is his ability to talk up a storm.

Raptor said:

This man speaks teh truth!!! Also, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are real. I'm not sure about Santa though.

Raptor said:

No one trusts you, believe me.

And Doom3 is infact a game, there are no real demons.

4 words: This. Is. A. Game.

Now if anyone would take the time to NOT bitch and whine about it maybe they would like it.

It's an interactive toy for grown-up kids, in reality, not so much a game (except perhaps the DM.)

For one, no. Mars has only 38% of Earth's gravity which means that Earth has more than two and a half times more gravity than Mars and that mars has barely twice the amount of gravity of our moon (which has 16.7% of earth's gravity). So really, you'd float off, you wouldn't get crushed. If you can get crushed by mars gravity, than you'd get crushed twice as fast by Earth's gravity. And to add even more to this, you're wearing a space suit. It's in the future so we don't know how advanced your suit is. Thats not proof of anything I know, but it's something to consider.

Secondly, can you shoot a hole or make even a dent into a NASA shuttle? Because that's only the minimum amount of material a space colony on mars would need. So really, it's quite possible to break the glass with a powerful projectile such as a few slugs or a rocket or a BFG or a plasma gun.

Thirdly, yes, a chainsaw would get clutered with meat and blood but that would be after a lot of kills...A LOT. Not 2. The chainsaw blade rotates so meat would eventually start to get dragged out of the machine and off onto the chain with the vibration and movement. But, eventaully yes, it would get cluttered. I assure you though, it would take a LOT of bones to dull a chainsaw chain. But there's where there is leaniency because it's a game. If everything in the game was exactly as it is in real life, than it wouldn't really be a game. What makes games fun is that there's a sense of fiction to them. It could be the most realistic game in the world but if there's no sense of fiction in it, than people would find it dull and un-entertaining. It's the same situation with movies.

And finally, the shotgun. A shotgun definitely wouldn't blow a body into a million pieces yes, but if you really looked into your theory, you'd realize that you can do the same thing to a corpse with a pistol or even your flashlight. This is more to help your FPS rather than your sense of realism. It was included for the same reason that the demons imediately burn away. And to add to the whole gore thing. But yes, they did dull down the shotgun but, like I've said so many times before, you have to remember that you're not the only one who notices these things and there's a 90% that someone will make a mod for most problems that people have with Doom 3. In fact, there is already a mod that somewhat fixes this problem. It increases the damage that weapons inflict and it also increases your ammo capacity, health and armor as well. So you might want to look into that at doomIIIfiles.com << They have it.

Basically, IMO, I don't think you really looked into a lot of these theories and should have reconsidered some of them.

Later.

cannibalpostman said:

secondly, the chainsaw. after about 2 kills the saw would get gummed up by meat or the blade would be so dull from cutting bones.

Have you ever used a real chainsaw before?

ok, i later replied that i realize mars is smaller so you would go slower in reality....so stop commenting on mars after my patch post.
DD_133 wrote:
"4 words: This. Is. A. Game.

Now if anyone would take the time to NOT bitch and whine about it maybe they would like it."

if you read the last sentance of my post it explains why i didnt want a dipshit 5th grade response as quoted by dd_133.

scuba steve wrote:
have you ever used a real chainsaw before?

now, do you think i would know the mechanics of a chainsaw and how it couldnt expel the meat the chain pulls in UNLESS i had used one before? im practically co-owner of the stihl company i have so many chainsaws, maybe you should invest in some time outside of your basement.

oh, and if this thread leaks off onto hitler, rasputin or stalin again...moderator please close it, prefferably after this post.