Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

What is your favorite D3 creature?

What is your favorite D3 creature and why? You can add a boss as favorite but we all know we like the big bosses.

My fav is the Cherub. Why...it's just morally not right...a realistic looking baby with a greenish/black blow fly bottom and fly wings that hit really hard. They also cry like a baby when they die. They also come at you 4+ at a time. There's just something crazy and spooky about that.

The zombies, their all really cool. I think ID spent more time making the zombies then any other monster in the game. Although this is fairly obvious.

Well As far as the best opponet its the Marine soldiers. As far as my fav, Its going to be Cybie even tho i havent seen him.

Ah finally the first one. I was afraid I would have to make the first favorite topic.

Revenant is the coolest thing ever, even cooler than mario party 27x2 but only barely.

I think the most improved creatures from the original doom are the lost souls..they can actually deal some damage now. My favorite creature would have to be the chainsaw zombies, nothing scares me more than a chainsaw zombie coming out of a dark corner.

i love the zombies, especially the z-sec guys.

the ones with pistols can do this really cool sideways roll (they come out of it shooting). they are pretty quick on their feet.

ZiGZaG said:

What is your favorite D3 creature and why? You can add a boss as favorite but we all know we like the big bosses.

My fav is the Cherub. Why...it's just morally not right...a realistic looking baby with a greenish/black blow fly bottom and fly wings that hit really hard. They also cry like a baby when they die. They also come at you 4+ at a time. There's just something crazy and spooky about that.

Probably because it's one of the most common enemies in the game.

I personally though the Cyber Demon was awesome looking. Although, my favorite demon was always the Cyber Demon. Otherwise, I'd have to go with the Guardian

it would have been fun to fight a cyberdemon several times, like in doom2 where u can kill it with regular weapons. then u could really appreciate the awesomness of its size/strength/power.

though it certainly LOOKED kick ass

you can always save right before you fight him :) Not much of a concelation prize but it's something!

Falius said:

nothing scares me more than a chainsaw zombie coming out of a dark corner.

how about a chainsaw zombie with a party hat coming out of the dark corner?

So I wasn't just imagining that thing on his head. I thought I was seeing things when there was a very obvious cone on that chainsaw zombie's head that had a striking resemblance to a party hat.

when I first saw it I thought it was a mohawk lol. Those dark corners kind of make it hard to see what things are =).

useless warrior said:

I think the new lost soul is awsome, great sounds, great look, cool stuff.

If only they weren't so darn annoying lol. Oh well, I don't think anything will beat the trites and ticks on the annoying scale. They look cool and sound cool but when it comes to fighting them, they're a real pain in the butt lol

Yeah the Archville, glad to see someone else likes it! Cyberdemon is kick ass and I also wish they kept the SpiderMasterMind in!

I would have to say the Hell knights... Those guys are just badass... From the sound they make as they approach to their intelligent aim (they seem like they lead their fire to anticipate your movement). I think these guys rock, I wish i saw more of them in the game.

Gotta love normal zombies when they walk so close and you Shotgun splatter they're brains on the wall... Mm Mm Mm

the cyber demon was too easy, i took almost no damage from him and more damage from the imps and such. the guardian was a real bitch of a boss.

Cyber demon had best model but i'd say toughest boss has to goto the guardian. The hells knights can put up a strong fight too.

The cherubs have got to be my least favorite. They're easy to kill with one shotgun blast, but good luck hitting them with it. They jump at you from pretty far away and it jars your vision and by the time you come to your senses and aim again, they're jumping at your face again. That and they're just disturbing. Heh.

My favorite? I think the Mancubus. Mostly because their intro scene put a grin on my face for some reason. Just saw that big gun/arm thing stick out and I was like "SWEET! MANCUBUS!" Heh. Plus there's that low pounding every time they take a step.

I thought the trites/ticks were annoying at first, but they're easy to take out if you're just patient, because they don't jump at you as often or from as far away as the cherubs. Just wait until it gets close enough and feed it some buckshot.

DooM 3 is a disturbing brilliance, a menagerie that is composed of the stuff your nightmares are made of. There IS no heaven... there is only HELL....

Um... anyway, my favorite creature, without a doubt... is Malcolm Betruger!!!! The Sabaoth was tha hardest boss fight in my opinion, though, thanks to his BFG 9000.

is there any way to mod it so the cyber demon is killable? I would love to have seen him more, as well as the "guardian" demon but in a killable by normal weapons form. I would then think of the guardian as a baron of hell and the hell knights as hell knights...that would be fo sheez...

actually now that I mention it, if you go to hell, and use cheats so your not running like hell....there is a difference between the hell knights there and the hell knights on mars, I think the hell knights there are barons....they are covered in there tattoos including a pentagram on their forheads.. just a thought tho...

The mancubus is definatly a nice redesign. During the cutscene they introduce him in I had flashes of silent hill, he just reminds me of something out of that game.

The caco is nice work too. But I have this thing about people thinking that a brightly colored monster couldn't work and going for more conventional movie type design. The fact that he looks like the octobrain from duke kinda turns me off also.

Just thinking about color scheme for a moment, what would this game look like had they kept to the color scheme from the orginal doom, with all the greens and reds. Would have been interesting... I don't know if it would have work, but intersting nontheless.

clokwerk1945 said:

actually now that I mention it, if you go to hell, and use cheats so your not running like hell....there is a difference between the hell knights there and the hell knights on mars, I think the hell knights there are barons....they are covered in there tattoos including a pentagram on their forheads.. just a thought tho...

I think stuff in hell just looks different. Imps have a different texture in hell as well. If they were barons they'd be harder to kill, but they're the same.