Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cliff_Burton

Barons of hell?

In the original doom the barrons were pink while the hell knights were grey. In Doom 3, before the portal to hell, I fought two pink hell knights. Were they barrons? Or was my image messed up somehow? I've fought both grey and pink hell knights.

Also, does anyone know how to transfer save games from one comp to another? I was playing on my bros but now want to play on my own and I dont want to lose my save games.

Cliff_Burton said:

Also, does anyone know how to transfer save games from one comp to another? I was playing on my bros but now want to play on my own and I dont want to lose my save games.

Can't you just burn them to CD then copy the doom3\base\savegames folder to the \doom3\base folder on your computer...simple copy procedure computer 101 :) **note: you may need to get the properties on the folder and saved game files within and turn off write protection after the copy to your HD if you use the burn to CD method.

or if you're on a network send the \savegames folder over to the shared folder on the other computer and copy or cut and paste it to \doom3\base

i never reall saw a point for having two of the same type of guys anyways, as cool as the sounded...

Well, if you look at the Guardian, I suppose you could pass that off for a baron with some AI editing and stuff...

And the Hell Knight in the original DOOM is brown.

Anyway, I'm planning to play DOOM 3 in a cyber cafe, are the saved games small enough to being copied to a floppy disk (probably compressed in a zip file)?

How about this. The knight is greyish-brownish-tan. hehe, there we go!

And the barons are a pinkish-red.

I don't see why everyone misses the BoH when its just a red HK with a little bit more hp.

Ya but it was a different demon lol. Variety in enemies is always a good thing!

Vegeta said:

And the Hell Knight in the original DOOM is brown.

Anyway, I'm planning to play DOOM 3 in a cyber cafe, are the saved games small enough to being copied to a floppy disk (probably compressed in a zip file)?

Hmm.. I don't think so.. There are alot of save files in my save games folder that are 10mb+.

Zeus said:

I don't see why everyone misses the BoH when its just a red HK with a little bit more hp.

The Baron came before the Hell Knight genius.

i never reall saw a point for having two of the same type of guys anyways, as cool as the sounded...

Not having very advanced AI, Doom's challenge is about numbers. In Doom 3, for example, when you fight an imp you really fight an imp. 15 imps would be ridiculous.

In Doom, however, you didn't fight the monsters so much as the map itself. How the monsters were arranged was important.

So having a palette swap of the baron with lower health gave designers the ability to stage firefights with larger numbers of barons without taking up such a large amount of time and ammo. It's quite obvious if you just think about it, and certainly essential in terms of Doom design.

DooMBoy said:

The Baron came before the Hell Knight genius.

Wow big diffrence, either way they're just pallete swapped monsters with more or less hp, happy now?

I always thought the Hell Knight had a much cooler name anyway. And really, that's all the difference is in this case. Figure the amount of hit points doesn't translate exactly from Doom 1/2 to Doom 3, so basically they just make the monster and pick the name. I think they picked the better name. But if you wanna call it a Baron instead, I don't think I'd have a problem with it. :)

That's true, the DooM 3 Hell Knight's HP is closer to the Baron's from the original 2 games, comparable becasue the Cyberdemon remains having the same amount of health.

The Archvile and Revenant's health, for example, are decreased from their original incarnations, and the Mancubus is increased in DooM 3.

That's true, the DooM 3 Hell Knight's HP is closer to the Baron's from the original 2 games, comparable becasue the Cyberdemon remains having the same amount of health.

The Archvile and Revenant's health, for example, are decreased from their original incarnations, and the Mancubus is increased in DooM 3.

How do you reckon that? Direct torso rocket hits or something?

Barons are supposed to be twice the size, and harder to kill. I wouldn't rule out an appearance in an expansion though.