Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

Official Doom 3 easter egg thread

a while back a picture of "super turbo turkey puncher 3" was posted. and yes, its in the game. well i saw the arcade machine early on, but it was dead. so i just need to find one you can play.

more or less an easter egg thread. i havnt really been on the look out for them. i also spotted a mag on the floor that has half of the original doom guys face

Yeah, it's in the game, I even played it for a bit. When I came back through the room later, the machine was destroyed though.

There is probably an easter egg if you punch enough turkeys to raise your score but I don't want to punch turkeys that long. Would rather choke the chicken, bwahahah

-E

Theres an easter egg in the last level if you look around theres a wall with the id logo on it and if you press it a wall will open. Theres a pda in there with stuff from the id guys.

another good easter egg is in the room with the 4 tablets (before you go into the martian ruins).

on the first tablet (the one on the left) is a carving the of original Knee Deep in The Dead cover art (except instead of wielding a machine gun the DoomGuy has the soul cube). it even has the one imp looking back behind him. the doomguy is also in the same stance as in the cover art.

theres also a mention of quake 43 (yeah... 43)

Sephiroth said:

a while back a picture of "super turbo turkey puncher 3" was posted. and yes, its in the game. well i saw the arcade machine early on, but it was dead. so i just need to find one you can play.

There's only 1 you can actually play to my knowledge, and it's in the cafeteria by the window (before the demon invasion, afterwards it's smashed). There are others on later levels, but they too are broken.

After you pick up your PDA for the first time if you backtrack just a little to the info terminal in the lobby area, you can download an email which lists various training classes, including a combat class where 'Fred Nilsson will be giving tips on Aiming and Strafing'. Heh.

Godshatter said:

the doomguy's face is also on the cover of the yellow magazines laying around.

yea i said that one already. also if you get 64000 point in STTP3 you get full ammo, for rifle, pistol and shotgun, ok not really

Before the invasion before HW is a room called Combat Prep, after you get the order to goto the Under city type place, you can go in.

There keypad, you must enter the correct 3 digits to get in. I am positive you can find the correct 3. I know that if you noclip in you can pick up the armor, plasma rifle/ pistol/ shotgun etc. etc.

I am too tired at the current moment to try to figure out this 3 digit code.

PS. I am not far into the game either...

EDIT:

I went and got the pistol and stuff after no clipping into it and out of everything I picked up I had nothing, except a soul cube...?

The code is around, you pick it up from a PDA, but only after the invasion, when the other marines have taken most of the stuff. You're left with a couple of clips and some armour I believe.

When u get the pda from the guy at reception he typses something at his computer... check it out

In a vague attempt at lessening the trouble mods/admins need to go through to moderate zillions of new threads that are bound to pop up eventually about Doom3 easter eggs, post any Doom3 secrets you find in this thread instead of making a new thread about it.

The easter eggs most of you probably already know about are:

Easter Egg                 Location
Thirdperson view           pm_thirdperson in console
Ref. to Chainsaws on Mars  Some guy's PDA
Cameo by Hunter from Q3    UAC Base Toilets, on cover of dirty mag
Reference to Quake 43???   Another PDA somewhere
Some shit about QuakeCon   TV in Cafeteria
DG's face from orig. Doom  Yellow GameHog mags
There are alot more that I can't think of off the top of my head, but anyway, if you find an easter egg, post it here.

Darkhaven said:

Yes, we do. And until I find a free host better than 2and2, it ain't gonna happen.

http://irev.net/avatar

Free image hosting.

Another one:

Easter Egg                 Location

If you watch the news report in the kitchen at the beginning of the game, the lines on the bottom of the screen mention QuakeCon.

when u get the PDA at reception the guy that gives it to u writes a report about it on his computer wich u can read if u look over his shoulder...

Doom Guy is on the GameHog magazine that appears throughout the game.

Also, one of the tablets you find later in the game is the title screen of Doom 1 with Doom Guy holding a Soul Cube instead of his machine gun thing.