Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMFDxUconn

Will it run nicely on YOUR system?

I want to buy Doom 3 but I hate to be disapointed if my system won't run it well. So i'm posting my system specs to find out if anyone else is running the same config or just general opinions on how well my system will handle Doom 3.

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2 Chipset)
AMD Athlon-XP 2400+
512MB PC3200
120GB SATA HDD
GeForce4 TI4400 128MB

Thanks

chad4828 said:

Thanks

...for the useless thread. There is plently of info in other threads for this. Search the forums or check the main sitre for links about hardware requirements or ask a question in another of the many, many "how's my shitty computer" threads. And read the FAQ while you're at it, brainchild.

He's like that for some reason....

Anyways just check the FAQ, there should be a post with the minimum required specs for D3.

I did check the system specs, but as every one knows, system specs don't always turn out. For example with SWG i met the sys requirements and it ran like crap. I upgraded my memory to the recommended and it still ran like crap. I then upgraded to above the recommended and it runs fine now. Just wondering if the same is true for Doom 3?

Well, your system should run fine. The only thing I can really find a problem with is that your graphics card is from an older chipset and that it's only 128MB. But, according to the specs, it should be able to handle it. The only thing is, your game won't be a pretty as mine (Geforce 6800GT 256MB) But yes, you should be able to play Doom3.

I have several PC here at home, some new ones and some older ones... I just installed DOOM3 on one of the old ones, and it still works, not perfect, but it runs so that you can play. The PC is a AMD Duron 950 MHZ with a geoforce 2 and 640 MB of ram.

AndrewB said:

The cards that won't work are the GeForce4 >>>>>>>MX<<<<<<< cards because they are really GeForce2 cards where they changed the 2 to a 4 to boost sales.

Thats funny, either my Geforce4 MX440 is actually a much better card in disguise, or I'm imagining that Im getting 30fps on average with it.

wondering guys
my system is a AMD XP 2800 ( non OC ) barton core with 1.5 GB DDR 333 ram. and a hercules prophet 9800 pro, DX9.C, AUDIGY 2 with latest drivers & winblows XP SP2
im using 640 x 480 in medium detail yet my system farts. ( laggy )
any suggestions ?

I've been running the game with my aged system, and she's runnin' great.

Specs:1900+athalon xp at 1.6. 512 ram.radeon 8500 . . .

I have the game running on medium settings at 1024X768 and I get higher than 30fps. I did however unpack several huge files and that seemed to help a lot.

Just think, 10 years from now we'll be running nuts.map in some kind of Doom 3 source port convincing some noobs that just because Doom 3's graphics are ass by "today's" standards it's still a good game.

Is there any good ways to smooth things out, because whenever some kinda monster, whatever it is, shows up, the game starts to get choppy. I mean, I can manage, its not to bad, playable, but I have:

Celeron 2.20GHz
1.00 GB of RAM
and a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Really, the thing that bugs me is that whenver I stupidly try to play multiplayer, the game lags up the moment any shots get fired, and things jump all over the place. I cant hit anyone, and I get my ass whooped mercilessly. Maybe it's cause I suck, but I think I can blame some of it on the fact that as soon as something happens, it's like trying to shoot something bouncing all over the screen.

Combustable said:

Is there any good ways to smooth things out, because whenever some kinda monster, whatever it is, shows up, the game starts to get choppy. I mean, I can manage, its not to bad, playable, but I have:

Celeron 2.20GHz
1.00 GB of RAM
and a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Really, the thing that bugs me is that whenver I stupidly try to play multiplayer, the game lags up the moment any shots get fired, and things jump all over the place. I cant hit anyone, and I get my ass whooped mercilessly. Maybe it's cause I suck, but I think I can blame some of it on the fact that as soon as something happens, it's like trying to shoot something bouncing all over the screen.

Yeaa I'm running on basicaly the same machine... were gunna have to get better FX cards, if we do that we'll be loving it.

gargoylol said:

I'm pretty sure it'll run on a P3 700MHz w/ a GeForce2. Possibly maybe on 256mb of ram too.

Don't believe the newbies and hardware-whores sites.

Yeah, maybe, but I'd rather stick with a minimum of around:

933 MHz
GeForce3 ti- series w/ 128MB vRAM
256-384 MB RAM

or around there, as the bare minimum.

My specs are:

2500+ Barton XP
512MB DDR RAM
256MB DDR vRAM
GeForce FX 5500

I'm sure you've heard that somewhere else, though. I run the game at Medium detail with 4xAA at 640x480 and it works perfect with very little slowdowns, so my above estimate of minimum system requirements should work alright.

anyone tell me if i buy 128 more ram it will work, im perfectly FINE with running at minimum just so long as i get out of the single digit fps

specs
Northgate Win XP Home
Intel Celeron(R) 2.2 Ghz
224mg Ram
Nvidia Geforce MX 4000 (latest drivers)

wll the new ram help or should i by 256 instead of 128

Actually, I'd suggest buying more RAM than that, since the minimum is 384, not 352. Wait, are you talking about a GeForce FX or a GeForce 1 MX?

its called a GeForce MX 4000, other than that ...?

any store ideas for cheap-o ram? good ram company? what type of ram?

i rellly dont know about comps so much.

CharlesLagsALOT said:

1.5 GB DDR 333 ram

Holy fucking shit.

-=[God-Mode-ON]=- said:
its called a GeForce MX 4000, other than that ...?

any store ideas for cheap-o ram? good ram company? what type of ram?

i rellly dont know about comps so much.

I suggest buying at the least one 192MB RAM stick from anywhere, around 133MHz speed. It's probably not a requirement, but if your card is a GeForce-MX series, I suggest upgrading at the least to a real GeForce.

EDIT: Second post merged with first.

Darkhaven: If your RAM or FSB are only 133 megahertz, you probably shouldn't bother. Start from a new motherboard with DDR400. NewEgg is your friend. Buy all you need at once to save a bit on shipping.

I was gonna troll this thread with my system specs, but I saw that first. (P2 300, 256mb PC133, 20 gig HD, ATI Rage/Xpert 128 16mb, btw)

Will it run with the following set up:

RADEON 9800 Pro 128 MB Graphics Card
1.72 GHz
80 gig hardrive
756 meg ram

can any1 tell me how doom 3 will play on my computer.
i have:

AMD 64 bit 3.0 GHz chip
512mb ram
ATI Radeon 9600xt 256mb graphics card
and a 80 gig hdd.

what quality settings will i be able to play it on please, cheers.