Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

HEY I HAVE A GREAT MOD IDEA

Everyone has a great mod idea, unless you have something more to add to the discussion than "someone should do x, y, and z" then please keep it to yourself rather than start a new thread about it. This is not to say that if you are actually making a mod that does x, y, and z, you can't talk about it, but idle speculation and fantasy are not worthy of their own threads.

Scuba Steve said:

I think we should make an Imp Encounter wad for Doom 3.

I've SO been saying that. Impse cubed!

But by all accounts I've heard, the imps in Doom 3 aren't sexy. :( They don't even have those five pixels of heaven...

Ultraviolet said:

I've SO been saying that. Impse cubed!

But by all accounts I've heard, the imps in Doom 3 aren't sexy. :( They don't even have those five pixels of heaven...

But, if you look closely, you can see a little bulge on the Imp's crotch. Reverse Impse, anyone?

Ah, and i suggested a post like this in the Editing forum, maybe this should be copied there too, to stop all the "Wouldnt it be cool if..."

Scuba Steve said:

The imp is very fuckable.

So are the zombies!

HAY GUYS I HAVE A GREAT MOD IDEA

I've already begun work on E1M1. I'd encourage everyone to contribute to a kind of "community" Original Doom remake for Doom 3. Since some of the mods have (understandably) gotten sick of hearing "SUM 1 SHOULD DO ORIGINAL DOOM ON DOOM 3!" I have actually started working on it.

So, why don't we all kind of contribute to it in our own ways? Everyone should make whatever map they feel like and if you happen to have one you'd like to post on the internet, share it with us or link some screenshots to show you're actually working.

I was thinking of remaking E2M3, The Refinery. My plan was to make it DooM 3-enhanced, not an exact remake. You can tell by looking at it that it's the level, but it'll feature alot of the organic growths like on the later base levels of DooM 3 (just before and after DooM 3 HELL :D).

If I knew how, I'd start the level with a cinematic showing a Hell Knight pounding around (replaces Baron, would be the first time you see him since Bruiser brother's after all), then it would cut to you, FP view, in a lift. The door opens, level begins. :D

A night at the Roxbury... i dont know how it would work, but it would be a nice one level mod or something

Jordan said:

A night at the Roxbury... i dont know how it would work, but it would be a nice one level mod or something

Smartest thing I've heard all year! I'm dead serious man! Has to be one of my favorite films. I can just throw it into the vcr at anytime laugh my ass off. Remember to include the Haddaway song playing in the background. "So there I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone, when he turned around and tipped his hat like this." "And who do you think that guy was?" "Emilio Estavez!" "The Mighty Duckman! I swear to god! I was there!" "Of course you were! You were the one to yell the Breakfast Clubber's name!" "I was like EMILIO!!!!"

Scuba Steve said:

The imp is very fuckable.

Mr. Chris said:

So are the zombies!

The fat ones jiggle when you tap them.

Scuba Steve said:

I think we should make an Imp Encounter wad for Doom 3.

i think you should make action doom! for doom III

Light Amp Goggles Mod

Pretty self explanatory I think, instead of the flashlight you have a pair of light amp goggles that runs on a battery cell or whatever and you just hit L to bring out the light amp goggles to illuminate your surroundings. Of course you can't use them all the time, or the battery will drain and you'll have to wait for it to recharge so you can use'em again. Let us say that you can only use the goggles for, say, up to 20 seconds before you need to recharge.
I can see a lot of people going omg this is gay no one would do that lol but still, I think it'd be nice.

A Metroid mod would be awesome. A fight with the Mother Brain in 3d sounds fun indeed, but since we cant do water, it will limit us for creating places, such as Maridia.

Well, considering that there was no Maridia in the original Metroid, I don't see that as much of a problem.

I'm sure with clever use of lighting, sound effects, gravity, and speed adjustments you can do water.

Also, if your great mod idea involves copyrights or trademarks that belong to other people, you might want to do some research on whether you'll actually be allowed to use said material. Look around the web, send the companies/individuals e-mails, etc.

On a whole, if the copyrighted material belongs to Fox, Lucas Film/Arts, or Electronic Arts it's pretty much guaranteed that you will not be able to use it in your mod. In other words, no Aliens, Star Wars or System Shock TCs.