Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Making hitscan weapons stronger

Is there a way to make like the pistol shoot out hitscan rockets or something? Like when you shoot, instead of a bullet puff, you get an explosion that does rocket's damage? Like the BFG10K in Skulltag, how it shoots out hitscan BFG balls basically.

Depends on what port you're using. In the case of vanilla and most ports, where such modification is done with dehacked, you can only make a hitscan stronger by making it fire two (or more) shots at once. In some ports, like Edge and (I believe) ZDoom, there are other modification scripts that can achieve this effect.

Edit: Wait, you want it to explode? I think you can just tag an explosion codepointer into the bullet puff with dehacked in that case.

Look up my own IDOOM.WAD in the archives - in that, I changed bullet puffs into rocket explosions with DEH frame changes. Of course, I went a little overboard (the SSG is now the most powerful weapon in the game).

When ZDOOM .64 finally arrives (and the weapon decoration system is implemented), you can create alllll the weapons you'd ever want :)

I tried Idoom.wad. That's not quite what I wanted. That had explosions as bullet puffs, but I want it so even if you shoot a person it still explodes. In Idoom, when you shot a person, it was like still shooting them with a bullet.

Think of the BFG10K, how it shoots out exploding bullets, even if they hit someone, they still explode.

I dont think its possible, because when a shot hits someone it makes blood and not a bullet puff, i cant think of any way around it in DDF or Deh, might be possible in Zdoom or that other one for Eternity, but i doubt it

I wonder how they did it in Skulltag...not deh, I think. They had to have used some other way.

Bashe said:

I wonder how they did it in Skulltag...not deh, I think. They had to have used some other way.

Skulltag has modifications to the source code itself to add the new things it contains.

If you want to use dehacked and have the shot explode when hitting a wall or hitting an enemy, there are two choices that might work, add an explosion codepointer to the blood also, or set all enemies to puff rather than bleed when hit.