Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Something odd

While I'm playing Skulltag (while leaving IE open), something weird happens ocassionally. The music will halt for a little bit, and then it will go to normal, but then the pallette will screw up. The colors will get all weird. Hitting alt-tab to minimize it and maximizing it will change it back to normal. What's happening? When the music comes back to normal, there is a clicking sound like I clicked on something. I halts and then it comes back with a clicking sound included. I didn't know what problem it was so I put it in here. It might be a Skulltag problem, but I doubt it.

Well, I don't know what the clicking phenomenon is, so I put it in here. It probably should've gone in here.

I leave the DW forums page open when I leave IE open.

It sounds like something is starting up, loading sound and graphics, thus getting in Skulltag's way... perhaps the Forums' banners?

The only page I know refreshes itself on Doomworld is The DSDA, making a click sound each time it does it.

That must be it.

Oh yeah, what site should I block out? It's like megadir.ugo.com. If I put that in the restricted sites, that should stop popups.[/off topic]

Maybe I should go somewhere else when I leave IE open.

I used to get a similar problem in Zdoom when running winamp in the background. The palette change would occur sometimes when winamp got to the end of one mp3 and started playing the next. It wasn't a regular problem, it only happened occasionally.

Okay, I lied, the problem persists. I don't even have IE open and it still makes the click and changes the pallette. If the click happens outside of Zdoom, or Skulltag (now it happens in Zdoom) nothing bad will happen but inside of Zdoom the pallette gets fucked up.

Any suggestions?

I tried to take some pics of the pallette change, but the screenshots were normal as if it didn't happen.