Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibalpostman

Id made somethings real and some not...

I haven't posted any flame replies to this thread and I intend to keep it that way. No offense but why is it that people who make contraversial posts always are the first to want to end them?

But more to the point of this thread, I believe that I cleared up a lot of inconceptions and errors in my last post. So for those of you who didn't understand it, here it is again in a summary (because I don't really feel like typing it all out)

- Mars has 38% of Earth's gravity. So you wouldn't get crushed by going outside. In fact, if you were to get crushed on Mars due to its gravity, then you'd be crushed on Earth as well.

- If you can shoot a hole into the windshield of a NASA shuttle, or at least crack it, than you can do the same with a space station. But, the walls are a different story.

- The bodies exploding is more for your framerate rather than your sense of realism. You can do it with other weapons (including your flashlight) other than youre shotgun. They did dull down the effectiveness of the Shotgun though. But there is a mod at doomIIIfiles.com to fix that.

Later.

s1lent, i just want to thank you for being respectful. i was trying to be in the first place but when people started assaulting my integrity, i went to their level directly.

"I haven't posted any flame replies to this thread and I intend to keep it that way. No offense but why is it that people who make controversial posts always are the first to want to end them?"

Their only controversial because *specific* idiots somehow get the idea that they should converse. The unfortunate thread makers want to kill off the problem before it spins out of control any further.

Exactly who are you calling an idiot? I haven't exactly said anything offensive on this thread so I hope you're not implying that I'm an idiot.

cannibalpostman said:

scuba steve wrote:
have you ever used a real chainsaw before?

now, do you think i would know the mechanics of a chainsaw and how it couldnt expel the meat the chain pulls in UNLESS i had used one before? im practically co-owner of the stihl company i have so many chainsaws, maybe you should invest in some time outside of your basement.

Ok, now I have used a chainsaw... granted I dont practically own some company like you.. and I don't remember using it on anyone in particular (usually trees not people), but I would tend to think that it would take a whole lot more than 2 or 3 kills to gum up that sucker, unless your using some cheap crappy chainsaw. However I'd be willing to bet that far into our future the chainsaws available would be at least as tough as the ones we have now. There is one out that I offer you though to make your theory make sense, although I doubt that you thought of this but Ill give it to you anyway. If you read all the Data files on the Demons that are available in the "Demon Museum" area, they mention that the demon's bodies are trendously tough and are not easily pierced. That could somewhat give the chainsaw a bit of trouble to work with... then again it's just a game :) Just a thought!

PS - This reply is partly meant for humor.. don't take it as a flame :) Cheers!!

Ignoring the fact that... yes it is the future and who knows what kind of chainsaws they would have 100+ years from now... A chainsaw would not dull that quickly from sawing living things (I would imagine). A chainsaw, even my father's 20+ year old saw, can go through a fair number of trees before getting dull and needing to be sharpened. I would imagine that soft tissue would be fairly simple for intensely quick splinning blades. "Gumming up" seems unlikely seeing as how it spits out wood chips, but again, I've never cut a living creature with a chainsaw so I'm not much of an expert... and the thought kindof horrifies me.

it tears up into wood chips because plant cells will divide evenly...if you've ever noticed by breaking up a dead leaf. animal cells however stick together so you couldnt uniformly tear up flesh like wood. also, yes, the demon bodies are supposed to be extremely tough and muscular. muscle strands stick together and would be the hardest material for the chainsaw...this may be why the chainsaw didnt work the best on hell knights/barons in the regular doom when they actually did look badass instead of like retarted turok 2 creatures.

cannibalpostman said:

I now realize mars was smaller...but wouldnt that make you run slower at least?

and as far as hitler goes, he pulled germany out of the worst depression in world history. Great leader, horrible person.

Um, Germany was a fucking wasteland after WWII. There was nothing left. When he lost, he destroyed everything that had survived. Germany was no better off than after WWI.

For those of you who feel that hitler was completly useless/insane I'd like to see you rise from bum-on-the-street to leader of one of the most powerful countries