Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigD86

Runs slow

Hi I got Doom3 about 3 days ago and cant figure out why the game is running poorly, every game i have played i have had at topsettings and for some reason im just having fps issues my specs are....

AMD Athlon 2400xp running at 2 ghz
512 ram
80 gig hd
ATI Radeon 9800 pro

I know a couple of ppl who have specs way below this that are running the game good on medium settings but i cant even simply run it on medium setings at 1024x768 and i have gotten the latest drivers. I have good fps just walking around but when i get into a fight or get in a big area the fps drops from 8 to 15. I have also tried the tweaks in the doom cinfig with the cache and it didnt seem to help. So any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you

Have you tried turning off some of the advanced settings (such as shadows,specular and bumpmapping)?

I turned all those off (with the exception of the high quality effects option) and I'm getting an average of 40fps - this on an old Geforce4 mx440.

ya but the point is i shouldnt have to switch to lower settings and turn stuff off i bought this card so i could play iwth good settings so i dont know why this stuff is happening. Does anyone know of any radeon 9800 pro tweaks that i could make.

BigD86 said:
Does anyone know of any radeon 9800 pro tweaks that i could make.

It's your card. Get the latest beta drivers from ATI, released specifically for Doom3. See also other posts regarding problems with ATI cards.