Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

What would you like to see in a D3 Mission Pack

I know the game is only a week old but I'm already dreaming of a mission pack. What would you guys/gals like to see in a mission pack from id software?

I would like to see:
1) Co-op mode - NON-DEATHMATCH/TEAM DEATHMATCH
2) the Mastermind
3) some of the creatures that didn't make the first cut.
4) the double barrel shotgun introduced.

Any one else have any thoughts or ideas?

1. Co-op multiplayer = team deathmatch.

2. Sounds interesting, despite the variety of arachnids already present.

3. ?

4. This SSG fetish needs to end. The present shotgun is powerful enough on its own.

I'd like to see more of Hell, personally. This is in contrast to, say, opposing force, where seeing less of the new dimension was desired, but I'd love to see more of the surreal.

EDIT: oh yeah, and a decent boss fight, please. Don't waste amazing looking monsters like the Guardian or the Cyberdemon on a simple puzzle.

MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS
MORE HELL
MORE BIG MONSTERS

Vile said:

1. Co-op multiplayer = team deathmatch.

hate to break the news to ya, team deathmatch is a long way from co-op.

but thanks for the input.

I would like to see demons are being invading the earth, The Marines from mars are returning to the earth to kick some demon's ass. The maps should be earth's environment in future.

No more UAC bases. PLEASE.

It was almost overkill in this, but an expansion that had another UAC base to explore would be overkill.

Oh, and what Ling said.

ZiGZaG said:

hate to break the news to ya, team deathmatch is a long way from co-op.

but thanks for the input.

I "hate to break the news to ya" but when you're on a TEAM, you're COOPERATING.

But "thanks for the input."

Vile said:

Totally different bud.

yes it's co-op deathmatch co-op style not, player vs. creatures style...you knew exactly what I meant you're just trying to be a smart ass.

Thanks for the input though have a great day!

Vile said:

Vile, though he put it crudely, he is right.

Team Deathmatch = 2 teams fighting against eachother until one team accompishes whatever task they are suppose to fulfill. (i.e. Killing the entire other team, reaching a certain amount of points, etc..) Team Deathmatch is usually between 2 teams of humans in a regular multi-player setting

Co-op = 2 people playing through the SINGLE PLAYER campaign together. Cooperating together to beat the single player missions and to complete the campaign.

So as he said it before, they are really very different.

EDIT: as this obviously stemmed from a simple miscommunication about something entirely trivial, I'm ending it here. I'm sorry for what I said to both of you, but I don't believe I was wrong.

Vile said:

S1lent, when someone says "co-op multiplayer" you assume that co-op multiplayer means CO-OP MULTIPLAYER, not CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER (exactly what is that anyway?). You're both still retarded.

Thanks for the input again, I've developed yet more contempt for forum rejects.

LoL forum rejects?

If you don't know the difference between co-op and DM or even co-op DM then you would be the reject my friend.

I knew out of the topics I've started eventually 1 jerk would show it's ugly head. Doesn't matter thought 99.9% of the forum pop. here are very helpful and like to discuss rather than mock or put down. Which is good, EDIT: I will over look 1 #$% #$%. ( I said enough myself already).

Vile if you have nothing to contribute to the thread other than mocking the thread, how bout do us all a favor and don't respond to the thread.

Reamke doom2, Introduce the SSG like in doom2, and maby change the Assault rifle into something more usefull.

Disorder said:

Hell on Earth. I know it's not going to happen, but that would be wonderful.

Indeed, Earth followed by a final confrontation in Hell against Betruger (assuming he's actually still in command of Hell's armies) would tie up the storyline rather nicely. Sadly, I think the more likely possibility would be something similar to TNT or Plutonia: the UAC didn't quite learn their lesson and cause more grief with the teleporters.

Speaking of Betruger... Was he actually a demon himself? or like the movie Hellraiser 2 turned into a demon, or as a sick joke used as a demons tongue? That part sort of confused me. I might had missed some audio in the game because 25% of the time I had the sound turn down (wife and kids watching tv *sigh* I know I need headphones).

But yea that would be cool Hell on Earth type of mission pack. That would also tie in nicely to what I would like to see in a mission pack. Bringing back SSG :P

ZiGZaG said:

Speaking of Betruger... Was he actually a demon himself? or like the movie Hellraiser 2 turned into a demon, or as a sick joke used as a demons tongue? That part sort of confused me. I might had missed some audio in the game because 25% of the time I had the sound turn down (wife and kids watching tv *sigh* I know I need headphones).

Yeah, that's been touched on a bit in another thread. He could have been just a scientist who just lost his mind, someone possessed by a demon, or perhaps had some more intricate plans for the demon army (maybe world domination, which is popular with those mad scientist types). It's something never completely answered by the ending, which I also didn't understand. It seemed like the Betruger head descending into the demon mouth was more for effect than anything.

It may have raised a few complaints because of how vague it was, but also leaves more room for further storylines. :)

Actually Bet. was part of the demons tongue. Reminded me of something from HellRaiser when the doctor got transformed into a Cynobite<sp>

It did leave room for more of a story for future mission packs.

I just thought I had missed something in the story while playing.

Oh one more thing...what did the sarge mean when he said "you're the highest ranking FMG?" I thought he meant "f#$% marine guy" or something, never been much into military stuff so I didn't know if that was a military term or an acronym for a low level grunt.

i think the mission pack should basically go back to hell, and do it doom 2 style. you run in, find tons of ammo and megaspheres, and even larger amounts of demons. Beating incomprehensible amounts of ass you work your way down to the gargoyle that swallowed betreuger and kill it, releasing betreuger so you can have your final showdown(upon which you crack his skull open, stuff it with fireworks and sew it back up for a badass show. just a thought.

Raptor said:

Reamake doom2, Introduce the SSG like in doom2, and maby change the Assault rifle into something more usefull.

That would be almost perfect except Id like to see the spider mastermind too!

Oh and the first thing you should see in the first level would be Betrueger crucified upside down, just to nock him out of the story.

I'm sorry, really sorry but the first thing that needs to be done, period, is Doom 2 level 7. Then we can talk about mission packs, etc.

Trasher][ said:
There is only one way I can sum up what I want to see in an expansion, somehow. Here.

ARRGH that made pltonia map 11 twice as frustrating/annoying :(
or are you talking about adding "daisy" to the story?