Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raziel

thrash metal reminds me of doom music and doom for some reason. (E1M1 to be exact).

Sometimes the guitar sounds just like the guitar "synth/keyboard/noise/effect/etc" of the doom music in it. in fact, doom music sounds just like what thrash metal would sound like conformed to MIDI standards (again level E1M1)

That disturbance you just felt within the force was me.

Well it depends; does the game predate the songs? Or vice versa?

Check what Bobby Prince says here about d_e1m1, and then also John Romero's post at his forums.

"Yes, I was in charge of all DOOM's music and sounds - I was working with Bobby on it. I gave him a bunch of metal CDs and told him to make some music that sounded similar. He did some great stuff, and some of the songs are *kinda* like the originals, but different enough that I kept them in.

The songs Bobby did that sounded way too close to the originals, I kept out of DOOM .... AND ON MY HARD DRIVE RIGHT HERE."

Ok, disturbance in the force waning,...waning,...waning,....gone.

There is a very good reason for that mate. E1M1 is a cover of Master of Puppets by Metallica, and IMO at that point in time metallica was very much a thrash metal band. Always liked that track from doom1 actually.

LorD BaZTArD said:

E1M1 is a cover of Master of Puppets by Metallica,

Untrue; E1M1 is, in actual fact, the back end of 'Behind the Crooked Cross' by Slayer. The first part of that track provides the music to E3M3 (Pandemonium).

So there :P

E1M1 is Master of Puppets. It's quite clearly master of puppets, Listen to the start of master of puppets, listen to the start of E1M1.

They sound pretty similar to me. Infact, the start sounds extremely similar. Everytime I listen to that song, I'm reminded of E1M1 nearly every time.

I don't really think Master of Puppets sounds like "At Doom's Gate" at all. The beginning may sound a little similar, but it's more of "No Remorse" that reminds me of E1M1.

Do me a favour; use wintex or something, and play the E1M1 mid. In the background, stick on BTCC and listen for a few minutes.

Speaks for itself.

I don't want any confusion over what's gunfire in gameplay or what's music and for this reason prefer percussion minimal music. I really like doom music. They did an excellent job with that I think, no complaints at all. I don't like hell revealed's music nearly as much... too busy and distracting.

Yeah, I was going to do that, until I couldn't find my doom.wad or my doom CD...much to my annoyance. I also can't say I have that slayer song. I was planning to compare the mid from the game and a mid version of the song master of puppets.