Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
engineer

Student workbook from bogus private school

Oh, there it is, buried way down in page 6. I thought this was going to be a whole article about the subject. Anyway, I'm more interested in the test as a whole. You'd think that with all the money being spent on education that they could at least afford a decent spellchecker/answer guide.

my mother works for a publishing company that does books. a big client is private school, more than half are usally catholic.

needless to say there have been odd requests

common stuff, like
no mention of the holocaust, hitler or the nazis in history. some infact gave orders to leave out WW II entirely.
leave out darwin and his theories. infact some of the stuff she showed me was very old as far as science
all people must be properly clothed
nothing degrading to god
not useing god invain (quotes involving said words are to be edited, thus not making it correct)

however some got very odd and even racist
one made it very clear that there could be no 5 pointed stars shown in the book.
another said no minorities, company droped that client soon after.
no homless people

one argument was between a client and my mother's boss. the client wanted an image of a homless person. so they got a lot of pictures. the client was upset, they looked too sad and dirty. well no fucking shit! they ARE homeless you ass!

others had butchered stuff so horribly it was sad, funney and deeply disturbing at the same time. History, mainly WW II and a few other events, suffered alot from this. many cut out the fact that the holocaust happened. some only mentioned that WW II was mainly between americans and japanese. They all but ignored other wars, korea, vietnam. However took time to focus instead on the 6 days war in the middle east.

those are some of the more wild ones. keep in mind that is only a small precentage of her clients. i get alot of books thru her. she has worked on manuals for aircraft engines to one of the first windows 2000 books.

I read that a couple days ago. Kind of reminds me of that Hungarian Phrasebook sketch on Monty Python.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!"

Danarchy said:

I read that a couple days ago. Kind of reminds me of that Hungarian Phrasebook sketch on Monty Python.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!"

Amen.

Teaching immigrants fake crap about America for 1450$, horrible, funny, absolutely funny, but horrible.

At first I thought that by 53 states the extras were Philipenes and Guam, guess not.