Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CharlesLagsALOT

SUBTITLES???

is there a way to popup subtitles of the sound, messages,pda videos & stuff?
soimetimes when you're that busy teaching a lesson to a IMP that the sound stuff is hard to understand ( specially in areas were theres lots of noise of the mechanical parts of the map + demons + the damn music that cant be turned off.

System shock 2 had a something similar atmosfere as doom III but its PDA or data disk saved in both text and sound making itmuch easier to check wtf was happening around..

damn, this is very troublsome forme to understand most paswords that are for unlocking certain doors.. all is pure speech!!!
no text x_x
I would even pay money if someone did a mod that added subtitles :P

yeah but dude. sometimes the messges comes when you're in "shotgun spree" with the monsters roaming and the damn music that seems cant be turned off most of the time -_-

a bit of a stup*d cuestion, if i couldnt.. do you think I would be adding a reply to this messageboard or even creating it?
jesus use your brain dude!

anyway sometimes the messages comes when you're in "shotgun spree" with the monsters roaming and the damn music that seems cant be turned off most of the time -_-

It's not a case of not understanding what they're saying. It's trying to hear what they're saying. You can't understand what a person is saying if you can't hear them :)

CharlesLagsALOT said:

a bit of a stup*d cuestion, if i couldnt.. do you think I would be adding a reply to this messageboard or even creating it?
jesus use your brain dude!

OK, two things, man. First, I was kidding, which is likely obvious to 99% of the people that read my post. Second, you double posted, and when you did, you didn't even make an effort to edit or delete the one of the two posts that didn't need to be there, or even acknowledge that you made a boo-boo.

And here's a freebee. I've been here for the better part of four years, so stfu with the attitude before you open a can of worms that will devastate your twelve-year-old emotions.

PS, my intercock is bigger than yours.

Owned.

Mogul said:

OK, two things, man. First, I was kidding, which is likely obvious to 99% of the people that read my post. Second, you double posted, and when you did, you didn't even make an effort to edit or delete the one of the two posts that didn't need to be there, or even acknowledge that you made a boo-boo.

And here's a freebee. I've been here for the better part of four years, so stfu with the attitude before you open a can of worms that will devastate your twelve-year-old emotions.

PS, my intercock is bigger than yours.

Owned.

dude, shut up, I tried to erase, but the brownser kept telling me that I didnt had rights to delete my own post. go figure!.. :/
im not dumb I repeat again...

S1lent said:

It's not a case of not understanding what they're saying. It's trying to hear what they're saying. You can't understand what a person is saying if you can't hear them :)

Maybe you got a point there..
Still would prefer text over voice, so you can still concentrate on sound of monsters roaming around you while you check the pasword of a door.

btw, seen a rare graphic in this forum
the huge bunny head being held in the hand of the marine o_O

CharlesLagsALOT said:

I tried to erase, but the brownser kept telling me that I didnt had rights to delete my own post.

Edit/delete is the one you want. That enables you to edit your posts.

And please calm down.

Grazza said:

Edit/delete is the one you want. That enables you to edit your posts.

And please calm down.

???
seems some guys are paranoic here. Im not angry lol.

just let's say I dont like to be pointed like its all my fault just like this guy says, I told him im not stupid but he still is pointing stuff Like I was....
thats all :/

seems it lets me edit, but not delete...
I tried again and it doesnt NOT let me erase my own posts just to edit them.. weird.. o_O

They won't call you stupid if you copy your posts into "word" then do a spellcheck. If after doing all that they still call you stupid your screwed.

So you think you'd be able to read them while you're killing an imp better than just hearing it?

Uhhmmm... why don't you clear out the enemies before you turn on the message?

And if you are talking about the messages from Sarge, well then it is supposed to be hard to understand. You are in the midst of a battle for Christ's sake. It isn't like Sarge gives any important info that you can't find out in your PDA.

CharlesLagsALOT said:

such support form the guys in this comunnity, just forget it... jesus..

This is where Doomworld needs Quake3World.com's emoticon's. PERFECT :icon19: moment.

No wait he's right. Subtitles are absolutely important: some people are deaf. Going to RIT I know there is literally over a thousand deaf geeks here (National Technical Institute for the Deaf) and they can't be too pleased when they can't get anything out of audio logs and videos. This is actually a real problem. Maybe someone will provide transcripts online?

That's an excellent point.

GameFAQs is known to have transcriptions of games occasionally. Be on the lookout there, I suppose.

Epistax said:

No wait he's right. Subtitles are absolutely important: some people are deaf. Going to RIT I know there is literally over a thousand deaf geeks here (National Technical Institute for the Deaf) and they can't be too pleased when they can't get anything out of audio logs and videos. This is actually a real problem. Maybe someone will provide transcripts online?

Actually, I bet id would be willing to do this if they were contacted.

Epistax said:

someone finally gets part of my point here..
I found that some of the e-mails contains the codes of PDAs & boxes, but most of the history are pure "talk" so you can lose part of the history and feeling if you lose a tiny part of the talk. even if the Sarge's talk are useless for most of you.. if theres sound it is for something..

also, seriusly... that guy who said " you would prefer to hear a imp rather than kill him?" to be honest....
I could say thats the most st*p*d question i've seen in this forum...
in games like RAVEN SHIELD ( rainbow six series )
you need to seriusly check the 3d surround sound or positional audio to see where are the enemies walking and see from where they come.
Its not likely you would walk whistling all around doom 3 and rely on the damage you get to see where the enemies come from!.
specially in dark maps....

where did I doublepost again?? o_O
I just posted once, it seems like I did posted twice to answer diferent questions but when I was tiping, the other guy replied first, thus couldnt read the second text to add the reply in the same post..

I found it troubling, with the morsel of time I had with the game, hearing the properly if I was in an area with alot of ambient noise, like that green laser thingamabobber.

Verdale said:

I can't understand a thing this kid is saying... not like I care that much anyways.

seems your mind doesnt work too much
maybe exesive blood loss by a imp?

and Im triying to mean that there is a lot of spoken DIALOG in the game, sarge talks, civilicians and bravo team stuff that I didnt understand.

now got it? you can stop being mean with your lamme jokes.
ohh that and im not a kid... Im even maybe older than you...