Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

Cant make my OWN mods work

...It has to be with how i make it into a pk4 file, I need to know the correct way, the way im doing it, it either dont load the mod or when it does to crashes, can anyone help me, im just trying to modify how some of the guns fire and some ammo amounts.

Dont move this, the editing a mods forums dont have any foot traffic, Ive had more then 1 post there and i never get a reply even within a few days time.

Hey, dont get on me about it, ive waited 3 days for someone to reply to my threads in the maps and mods section and editing section, its time to try somewere else.

It’s pathetic really but I’m actually giggling at what Use3d just said.

Raptor I doubt anyone here knows how to help you. You should try promising free sex and booze, it works wonders.

Well, I thought doom3 has a better modding community then this, i figured you'd want people to learn how to make mods for it, then again everything your saying contridicts that, i was good a making weapons mod for doom1/2 never really posted em tho, and im halfway good at 3d modeling also, Its really sad that no one wants someone on the mod team. Also everyone is keeping up this "Ahh someone else will do it" atitude and nothing will ever get done if you dont drop it.

You think people hang around here for the Doom 3 mod community? The D3 forums were practically dead until the surprise gold announcement.

Raptor the games been out for a fucking week if you want some spot on assisstance you'll have to wait a while. You'll have much better luck if you contacted somone who actually works at ID software.

Still its a really simple duh problem that if someone gave me a few mins of their time on messnger i could figure out what im doing wrong and move on to bigger things like maps and stuff (Already made the standard cube map with lighting) so im trying as hard as i can to get desently good at modding, im sorry if its anoying but i would like to start off right with doom3 and not start modding after a games been out 10 years when its not as much of a challenge.

and anyone thats made a mod like ungibbable just a simple Anything, they could tell me whats wrong.

and if no one wants to answer this or refer me to somewere to read up on it, then just delete the damn thread.

Raptor said:

and not start modding after a games been out 10 years when its not as much of a challenge.

Pff, I bet less than 3% of the people here weren't modding classic doom when it was a baby. And whats that got to do with anything?

You dont think its cool to be some of the 1st people to mod a game?

To be able to say 5 years from now, "Yea i had mods out b4 the game was even out a week."

Its not a status symbol for fucks sake, making a mod is a time consuming art. What can anyone possibly put together in a week that is worth mentioning?

Just slow down, do a bit of reading and experimentation and stop feeding the impatience.

If you still havent figured it out by the UK release date, then well, I'll see if I can help you.

For fucks sake, Ive been expermenting and searching for help for 3 days just to figure out why the game isnt loading a custom pk4 file. all i wana do is lets say just add 1 extra ammo to a gun so i know i got stuff working.

i know i sound like im bitching, but this is the 3rd night in a roe ive been up till 3:00am trying to get stuff working and inspecting how others have made their mods, and i see no difference from mine and theirs, so you should be able to understand my frustration.