Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

(not so) loony martianbuddy theory

In a subsection of Delta Labs 2, you come across a PDA with e-mail from someone allegedly spoofing martianbuddy to get across the filters to warn the recipient against trusting Dr. Betruger.

I thought about it some and didn't see any particular reason why all the other martianbuddy mails couldn't have been forged as well.

I mean, who's dumb enough to start a whole spam campaign with a potential viewer base consisting of however many people live on Mars? (not a whole heck of a lot either way) And given that dumbness base, who of those would also be well-connected enough to put a chaingun and a BFG (an experimental weapon) into prize lockers? And get it past security checks, mind, since no doubt both items would be controlled im/exports.

Somebody at the shipping and receiving department could possibly redirect those items (along with the chainsaws!) to their friends in hopes of helping them survive, tho. And it's sort of believably sneaky.

Or it could just be a dumb way of having little powerup caches that you need the internet to access.

Speaking of martianbuddy, the first time I came across one of those cabinets, my internet connection was down so I had to just skip it. Thanks id!

I've seen numerous references to "Mars City" (or something to that effect) but it doesn't ever come across in the main story. If this place exists then MartianBuddy would have some other customers. Also if it exists... what happened to it?

Epistax said:

I've seen numerous references to "Mars City" (or something to that effect) but it doesn't ever come across in the main story. If this place exists then MartianBuddy would have some other customers. Also if it exists... what happened to it?

You see bits of Mars City in the first 2 or 3 maps. That's it. Still not a really well-populated area.

And at least according to Theresa the Lost Soul's e-mail, there couldn't be all that many chicks on Mars, so I'd think that rules out a sizable population too.

Linguica said:

Speaking of martianbuddy, the first time I came across one of those cabinets, my internet connection was down so I had to just skip it. Thanks id!

Sucks to be you!

Somewhat unrelated (i didnt want to start a new topic), I just found a nigerian scam email in some scientists pda...

Edit: Perhaps I should have stuck this in the easter egg thread /me smacks head

On my first playthough I never got inside any martian buddy cabinets. I found the first one but didnt think to look for the code online, and I never actually found the 2nd one.

how come at one point some guy mentions that it took somthing like a month and a half for his transport to arrive yet once the signal gets sent to the 'fleet' it seems like its gonna arive so soon?

PS whos fleet is this?

MaximusNukeage said:

how come at one point some guy mentions that it took somthing like a month and a half for his transport to arrive yet once the signal gets sent to the 'fleet' it seems like its gonna arive so soon?

PS whos fleet is this?

IIRC, that fleet was already in Mars orbit.

AirRaid said:

On my first playthough I never got inside any martian buddy cabinets. I found the first one but didnt think to look for the code online, and I never actually found the 2nd one.

its in an office near where you meet the first Arch-Vile close up. has a BFG, but at best it only makes itself usefully against the first 2 Hell Knights. then you lose it :(