Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skagen

Mod of Improvements v.1 Released

Hi.
I've done a minor mod to change and add some various stuff I missed or wasn't satisfied with in the original Doom 3.
Here's the modification list:

Mod of Improvements v1 contains code from Nitro Gore Mod.
Nitro deserve the full credits of the following modifications:

* Removed "burnaway" and "vaporization" effect when NPC's die (bodies stay)
* Increased amount of gore and blood
* Fixed minor bug in the PDA for 'Mark T. Caseon'
* Player bleeds when attacked (singleplayer)
* Increased blood for Cyberdemon

Modifications done by me:

* Increased rate of fire for Chaingun
* Lowered projectile damage amount due to increased rate of fire
* New fire sound for Chaingun (with D3engine audio restriction work-around)
* Ammo modifications for Chaingun

* New fire sound for Pistol
* Flashlight been replaced by a second Pistol with Flashlight abilities

* Increased amount of projectiles per round for Shotgun (resulting in 150% more powerful Shotgun)
* Lowered amount of projectile spread for Shotgun (more consentrated path of projectiles)
* New fire sound for Shotgun (much more powerful)
* New pump sound for Shotgun

* Grenades are less bouncy (bouncing more like grenades and less as rubberballs)
* Minor increase in damage radius

* Player walk speed increased
* Player run speed minorly increased
* Increased stamina
* Player casting shadows enabled /1
* Nightmare difficulty enabled /1
* Work-around for half-dark characters on the following ATI cards: Radeon 8500 series, Radeon 9000 series, Radeon 9200 series /1 (http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4587.html)
* Quick console accsess enabled /1 (by pressing ~)

/1 - To enable these modifications the mod must be started with the included "Doom3 + Mod of Improvements.bat" file.

You can download the mod here: MoI.v1.zip
Or visit the official website here: MoI Website

everything looks good... but dammit why did u have to go and put a flashlight on a pistol...

any way i can use the mod WITHOUT the flashlight/pistol combination?

Could you tell me how you got your extra ammo and mods on your chaingun to take affect? I thought i did it right but i cant get it working, i saw what you done but thats exactly what i did but it wont work for me, i want more ammo on the plasma rifle.

Godshatter:

Open the file "mod.pk4" from the mod directory with WinRAR and delete these files:

/script/weapon_flashlight.script
/def/weapon_flashlight.def

Close WinRAR and press "yes" if prompted for saving; and you now have the original Flashlight and Pistol

Raptor:

Do you start the game with the .BAT file I've included?
If you are, and the Chaingun remain the same as in the original game you can try loading the mod manually from the Mod Menu in the main menu. However, you will miss out on some additions as specified in the "readme.txt" file included in my mod.

By the way, I have NOT edited the Plasma Rifle or any of it's related items (ammo, etc)

You dont understand what im saying, im wanting to make a weapons mod. I wana change the chactoristics of almost all the guns and basicly make a super weapons package, problem is every time i try to do it nothing changes ingame, for instance, i change the clipsize on the plasma rifle to 100, ingame it stays at 50 even tho i loaded the mod, can you help please?

Hey, I'm curious if you would mind me using some of your scripts? If so, which ones do I have permission to use in my mod I am working on? Thanks.

Of my scripts you can use anyone you'd like to.
But see the modification list which ones are mine and which ones are Nitro's modifications. For Nitro's script you will have to ask for their permission. You can reach Nitro on these email adresses: parasite.md@web.de or Zaturi@gmx.de

Cheers!

I changed all the guns into super weapons (Just for fun) in your mod to learn how to mod, Included is my Raptor Pistol ;) When you shoot an imp with its amazing power it will litterly make it bounce around for 10 seconds. All the weapons but the BFG was modded, I even made your flashlight have a super shotgun function thats an instagib.

Please dont get mad at me for changing your mod up, btw i cant thank you enough for your email helping me, ill be glad to help you with anything you need.

Great job. I had to disable the shadows in the batch file due to older 64 mb Nvidia video.
id should take some notes from this mod