Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Gamespy Review

I'm suprised that more of the older members don't like the game so much. It's linear.. Doom was linear.. it has unrealistic gibbing, Doom had unrealistic gibbing, it has hordes of monsters, Doom has hordes of monsters. I'm not going to say it's the best thing since sliced bread (although I really do like it), but it's ********ly a Doom game. It has its upsides and its follies. Just what I expected. : )

PS And now that everything has been gotten out, can we all stop the maddness or Hell this thread?

EDIT: ********ly
EDIT2: Huh... ********-ly
EDIT3: def in ate ly
EDIT4: There we go, why is that being censored?

You know what your the one who brought "bashing" into this thread, in fact you geared this thread towards bashing, and then you ran away to cheer and jeer from the sidelines.

"Over stated shortcomings", there hasn't been a single "professional” review YET that has properly put in scale doom 3s shortcomings, and the shortcomings aren’t over stated simply because you don't want your precious "doom" title to be sullied, simpleton.

""professional" reviewers enjoyed. Oh, they are "dickriding" aren't they? Damn simpleton."

(First of all I didn’t say that, simpleton.) If the reviewers actually flamed doom then chances are next year they wouldn't be invited to alpha, beta and other tests of the same company. It’s a mutual benefit for both the reviewing magazine and the game, the game profits from extra exposure and good ratings and the magazine has more reviewable material so its reader base grows.

"It was futile in trying to convince "air-heads" like you ON any points."

Just for kicks, name three of these "points," the ones you claim you have but never actually reveal.

Doomedout, I just love taking posts made by people like you, then picking them apart and disproving absolutely everything in them, Every point you make counts as a “1”, and every time I disprove of a point the number goes down by “1”, right now your at “0,” its almost as if you never even posted at all. Arguing with people like you is just like those old "mole bopper" arcade games, except I think the moles are more intellectually stimulating.

Relica Religia, you've been playing the game for five days? Give or take a few. If you honestly see yourself playing the regular version of doom 3 constantly three months from now, then that’s fine, I find it a bit odd, But I don’t try to stop people from enjoying a game, I just “kill neuter and defile” the hoards of kidiot Jihadists that bum rush anyone who has a problem with the game.

A while ago I said id take scabbed angel's advice about this thread but screw it, I can't pass up a straight line like this.

"PS And now that everything has been gotten out, can we all stop the maddness or Hell this thread?"

That would be funderfull wouldn't it. I agree doom 3 is a good game and pretty much what I expected, and for the most part I’m pleased with it, if any other company but ID software made it I would give it a 5 out of 5 no questions asked.

Scabbed Angel said:
EDIT: ********ly
EDIT2: Huh... ********-ly
EDIT3: def in ate ly
EDIT4: There we go, why is that being censored?

Because it's definitely misspelled.

Black Hand said:

Relica Religia, you've been playing the game for five days? Give or take a few. If you honestly see yourself playing the regular version of doom 3 constantly three months from now, then that’s fine, I find it a bit odd, But I don’t try to stop people from enjoying a game, I just “kill neuter and defile” the hoards of kidiot Jihadists that bum rush anyone who has a problem with the game.

You do realize that barely anyone would be playing the FIRST Doom if it didn't have mods right?

interesting comparing what younger & older people thought of this game. I'm 28 and played the original doom when it came out and I was blown away by it!! It was after doom that fps became my favourite genre.

Now Ive played alot of fps since then and each good one always added something new. Doom 3 however did not (besides graphics) I found the whole thing boring and repetitive. This review here sums it up for me http://www.somethingawful.com/

I'm sorry but all you people saying "its a remake of the original- its suppose to be like that". Like what? boring and repetitive no new gameplay or imagination. Maybe it is an age thing and the youngsters today just look at the graphics because i dont know how you could actually enjoy this game. oh well i'm hoping hl2 can restore my faith in game developers.

Black Hand - you did absolutely nothing. Besides actually addressing anything I had to say, you merely stating the same exact thing you are preaching not to do.

First and foremost, stop making something out of nothing. This whole notion of "mutual" interest is tiring to say the least, and the worst thing is you can't possibly prove anyone but yourself that this is the case. Speaks volumes of your intellect as well, you do realise that such ill-conceived notions not only cannot be proven, but also are subject to more error than your arrogant position can hope to comprehend. Reader base? Is that your premise? Jesus Christ on a pogostick, you are dumber than I can imagine...

Wait...Its all a conspiracy...omfg!@2!@!12 Its all a huge bribe from id isn't it? Stop saying things you can't hope to prove and stfu, otherwise you'll pass of as a complete idiotic kid.

My points are simple: The whole concept of gameplay is ridiculously contrived. The game is linear - so was the original. What the fuck changed that made people's preferences so horribly confused?

Bashing id for the sake of bashing id on the premise that its a company that is above and beyond bashing is fucking stupid if you ask me. Go figure.

If you act like your opinions are facts, you'll end up pissing more people off. Your explanation of why so many people liked the game is sheer idiocy. I've seen the feedback, even with people who have very limited knowledge of the gaming world, and it was very, very positive. Whats your conspiracy theory on that?

The only reason why you are so visibly pissed off at me is because none of your points merit any form of discussion and most of them are personal bashing. If you know anything about debates, that is the first sign of desperation. You failed to argue coherently and intelligently with Joel, so why not bash the thread starter to divert attention?

If you want to make something out of the discussion, stop seeking a scapegoat, address the points that are outstanding, and please, please no fucking lame ass theories okay?

You give "backed into the corner, lets bark at someone" a new meaning altogether.

Congrats you’ve proved that you’re a linguist, to bad that’s all you’ve proved.

Nowhere in this thread did you actually say anything in doom 3s defense except “doom 3 isn’t linear because doom 1 was linear too.” Its like I’ve said before if you want to defend the integrity of doom 3 then do so but you cant veer left and right spastically, you actually have to make points and then make more points supporting. Spare me your long winded drivel were you just repeat the same crap over endlessly just trying to find different amounts of worthless text to hide it.

If you chose to be ignorant and remain inside a little shell repeating to yourself over and over “doom3 can’t be flawed, doom3 can’t be flawed” that’s fine by all mean continue your squalid existence, but just do so in silence. Don’t start threads that are intended to flame people if you cant actually back up an argument.

You give "backed into the corner, lets bark at someone" a new meaning altogether.

Ok this is your third post in this thread and all any of them have accomplished is an immediate response that immediately puts to the flame whatever the hell you posted in the first place. So far you’ve made a big whopping ZERO (worthy) points in doom 3s defense. Everything else is simply drivel.

Better luck next time, although if you had a shred of dignity and self respect there wouldn’t be a next time.

More bitching, pissing, and moaning. For fucks sake, it's bleedin a game fellows! It's not the end of fucking world. Open up your fucking minds. There's no right or wrong in these arguments. Your having a pissing match over each of your individual opinions. You all got your own opinion, your fucking entitled to it, regardless of how dumb someone else perceives it to be. Stop trying to shove your opinions up each others arses and be done with it.

POTGIESSER: You're making way too many abusive, foul-mouthed posts. Yes, this is a warning.