Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Damn it!

Yeaa I'm only half way through doom 3 and I'm bored of it already... did anyone else find the game kinda dull. I dident like the sound effects, the game was way to linear and the enemies were just to repetitive I get bored of shooting them. Something that really bothers me is when you blow up a barrel or set off a grenade it sounds like the explosion happend a mile away underground.

Try turning down the bass. It sounded like shit for me too until I did that. I don't understand why everyone is so pissed because it's linear? Most survival horror games are...

I just got through hell and I'm pretty board of it. Have to take a break from it and play it in a week or so. Though when ever you play it for a wile you like "same old shit"

Scabbed Angel said:

Try turning down the bass. It sounded like shit for me too until I did that. I don't understand why everyone is so pissed because it's linear? Most survival horror games are...

s/survival horror//

big deal, there's plenty of stuff to explore along the way, I've had to play the first half of the game 3 times now and I'm still taking note of new and interesting stuff

The sounds were a little average for such a great game. I think id may have even rushed the sound because he had a year to compose the new sounds and trent had three years. But they did make the fat zombies fart.

I just find the game to average and dissapoint even in alot of areas. Yes the graphics are amazeing but I really dont care about the FX all that much. I just wanted a game that made me feel like holly shit this is fuckin awesome I'll be playing this for awhile. Instead it really dosent seem to have much replay value if any and all I got from it was wow nice shadows..

There are times where I find the game boring. But it's still fun. It's really not a game that I would play for hours on end. It's more of a game where I'd play it for an hour or two, and then pick up where I left off the next day. But it's not addicting to me. Maybe when I try it on a harder level.

But like the guy said "I've had to play the first half of the game 3 times now and I'm still taking note of new and interesting stuff."

It's been a blast so far, but I cant imagine myself playing through it more than 2 or 3 more times.

Also, I found playing with headphones to be more enjoyable than speakers and subwoofer. There's lots of little details you might miss if you're drowning everything out with a massive sub.

Your prolly like me, just dont enjoy it without cheats or mods (Sorry people but i like to play as doomguy not space marine)
I can see it as a challenge, but challenges arent nessarly fun, killing like a crazed bastard is tho. Im plaything the game, 1 level a day or so, and making mods on my free time when im not welding stuff up, and its not boring that way at all, just fun.

Tyockell said:

Yeaa I'm only half way through doom 3 and I'm bored of it already... did anyone else find the game kinda dull.

The solution to your problem is a lack beer. You need more beer. Please drink beer.

Tyockell said:

Yeaa I'm only half way through doom 3 and I'm bored of it already... did anyone else find the game kinda dull.

It helps if you don't have the attention span of a fruit fly. Bored? Gimme a break.

COBALT said:

It helps if you don't have the attention span of a fruit fly. Bored? Gimme a break.

No I'v paid alot of attention to Doom 3 thats why I'm bored of it I'v realised its the same shit over and over and there is no addictive nature to the game. It gave me the same impression as Halo spot on, about the extent of the fun for me is just fireing off the guns to hear them richochette off the steel walls.

Scabbed Angel said:

Doom 3 is supposed to be an fps... most of us are fps fans and not used to interactive movies

Basically i didnt find the game to be that fun, i only felt like i was playing for "duty," or waiting of some cool effect... it didnt draw me back the way games like Heretic or Doom or even Quake 3 did

COBALT said:

*waits for doomedout to make some ocmment about how peopel should be show more "coutesy" and "understanding of the other side", forgetting that his rules only apply to people he disagrees with

BuzWeaver said:

I'm not sure whether I'll play it again once I've completed it.

I doubt I will enless some crazy ass TC's come out but then it wouldent really be playing it again now would it :-/.