Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S1lent

Hate being attacked?

In my opinion some monsters realy have way too much hitpoints...
Gone are the days when you could kill an imp with 1 shoot out of the shootgun, at mid range. ;)

A monster like the Demon should have many hitpoints. They only can attack at short range so if you can kill them with one or two shots from the shotgun before they have a fair chance to reach you, there isn't really a challenge.

I just say Double Barrel, some ammo and these pinky demons can come ^.^
One shoot per demon and it worked.

At least an doom3 imp falls with one shootgun hit at "meele" range, if it would be the same with the zombies... they are humans after all, undead, ok, but everything is killed when you blast its brain trough the rear of its head. ;)

Conclusion for me:
In Doom 1/2 its too easy to kill a monster.
In Doom 3 its too hard.
Cant somebody release a mod that has this balanced? ;)
A zombie should be death when hitting his head with a gun, take 2 hits when hitting the belly and the rest should be meaningless. A zombie with a gun should lose the gun when hitting the arm or hand holding it.
An imp shouldnt cast any more fireballs when hitting the casting hand and so on.

I think it would be cool if the zombies kept coming at you unless you put them down with a bullet in the brain.

shoot the arm, no more arm so it swings with other arm, shoot off both arms it trys to head butt/bite you, shoot off it's legs and it crawls with it's tongue, bullet in the brain.. dead...

then have a room full of zombies open up and let the fun ensue...

ah whatever

Bastet Furry said:

In my opinion some monsters realy have way too much hitpoints...

I feel the opposite is true. I think they have too few hit points. And it seems that id made up for that by allowing them to cause severe damage.

Also keep in mind that the game uses per-poly hit detection. So it's not that they can take a lot of punishment. More likely you're just missing most of your shots :P

Amaster said:

I feel the opposite is true. I think they have too few hit points. And it seems that id made up for that by allowing them to cause severe damage.

Also keep in mind that the game uses per-poly hit detection. So it's not that they can take a lot of punishment. More likely you're just missing most of your shots :P

I agree. A lot of the monsters are really scary but then they go down in two or three shots and I'm like "wow... that's it?". The demon, in specific, is a really scary thing because it's faster than you are and can toss you with no effort, but it goes down in around three shotgun blasts and often it never even gets to you before you have a chance.

The only ones that I think have the proper health are the revenant and the mancubus and I guess the arch-vile tho he doesn't appear much... oh and the little ones like trites and the cherubs... speaking of per-poly hit detection those damned flying babies are a pain in the ass :P

Bastet Furry said:

I just say Double Barrel, some ammo and these pinky demons can come ^.^
One shoot per demon and it worked.

At least an doom3 imp falls with one shootgun hit at "meele" range, if it would be the same with the zombies... they are humans after all, undead, ok, but everything is killed when you blast its brain trough the rear of its head. ;)

Conclusion for me:
In Doom 1/2 its too easy to kill a monster.
In Doom 3 its too hard.
Cant somebody release a mod that has this balanced? ;)
A zombie should be death when hitting his head with a gun, take 2 hits when hitting the belly and the rest should be meaningless. A zombie with a gun should lose the gun when hitting the arm or hand holding it.
An imp shouldnt cast any more fireballs when hitting the casting hand and so on.

they probly were goin for a more realistic invisionment of a one man army, 2 ton weapon toting, flashlight beating, berserkin beast, they wanted it fairer for the demons u see, not u!