Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godshatter

favorite (real) weapon

Ultraviolet said:

There's some guy who lives around here who's got an SKS, fires it out where we bring our junk -- old appliances and other such useless but cool stuff to shoot.

I used to do that all the time with my dad...it's so fun to take a .22 rifle and plaster an old 15 meg hard drive.

Does it have to be a gun?

Because I like crowbars, baseball bats, and scythes for weapons. But for a gun I would have to say a sawed-off shotgun.

Ultraviolet said:

Ninto? Or ninjato? Doesn't the term "Daito" imply the pairing of katana and wakizachi, or katana and tanto? I'm told the term means "long and short." So uh, your bokken, you want it to be longshort length? :D Damn language... Maybe I heard wrong. Also, are you using the term "katana" synonymously with "sword?" It's common even in Japan, I think, but if you're going to be specific, a katana is stylistically different from a ninjato, and if specificity is called for, this should be addressed.

I'd like some of these, though.
http://www.swordsdirect.com/practical_katanas.html
Not fully traditional in their build (read elsewhere, but couldn't find the URL again), but nice anyway.

Ninto or ninjato are the same thing. I think their shorter length can also be referred to as Shoto. I thought Daito is simply what a Samurai katana is called which I think are 41 inches long and bokkens are usually modeled after. I'd call a ninjato or a daito both katanas, but I wouldn't call tantos or wakizachis katanas or daito.

in 2000 where some "military expert" was warning about the IRAQI SUPAR CANNONSS!!!11

As the page explained, they WHERE planned, and could have been built, but where dismanted in 1990, and there is no way Saddam could have had them built again, in much the same way as he had no chemical or nuclear weapons, but thats something else entirely (plus those super-cannons would have been HUGE, satellite photos would have picked them up right away)

shut up retard, your mom is so wide that trains keep driving up her thinking she's the enterance to the channel tunnel.

Gokuma said:

Ninto or ninjato are the same thing. I think their shorter length can also be referred to as Shoto. I thought Daito is simply what a Samurai katana is called which I think are 41 inches long and bokkens are usually modeled after. I'd call a ninjato or a daito both katanas, but I wouldn't call tantos or wakizachis katanas or daito.

Didn't know about the term "ninto." I'm still pretty sure about the Daito, though. I checked Wikipedia on it at some point, can't find the damn thing now because the search immediately returns a page on the city Daito rather than giving me a list of search results or something useful like that.

Well the parts i need for safty dont really decrease its usefullness, it actually increases it sence unless your as good as me, 90% of you couldnt put the mag in, its not just a stick in, theres a special way to rock it in, but it takes a few weeks of pratice to be able to do it quickly.

Ruger mini-14 (fully auto) with .223 ammunition.
A Remington 870 sawed off to half an inch from the plug is another one of my favs but also has to have a pistol grip. Man dont they pack a punch :-).

Ultraviolet said:

God I want a TEC-9. They aren't illegal now because they're some kind of super weapon, they're illegal because they LOOK menacing. They also make some pretty big clips for it, but I don't think that really factored in.

The TEC-9 is classified as an assault weapon even with a semi-auto reciever. They do make big magazines for them yes but good luck getting them, they are all boughten up and very expensive ever since that fucking bullshit about post-ban automatics and such after 1986 in the states.

Ultraviolet said:

God I want a TEC-9. They aren't illegal now because they're some kind of super weapon, they're illegal because they LOOK menacing. They also make some pretty big clips for it, but I don't think that really factored in.

What kind of parts do you have to put in your Saiga? Hopefully nothing that decreases the usefulness of it as a weapon...

There's some guy who lives around here who's got an SKS, fires it out where we bring our junk -- old appliances and other such useless but cool stuff to shoot.

Are you talking about one of those tiny SMG's like this:

?

Grimm said:

AB-10

You mean those things from the Doom novels are real?

EDIT: Eh? What happened to the second pic?

deathbringer said:

As the page explained, they WHERE planned, and could have been built, but where dismanted in 1990, and there is no way Saddam could have had them built again, in much the same way as he had no chemical or nuclear weapons, but thats something else entirely (plus those super-cannons would have been HUGE, satellite photos would have picked them up right away)

I have no idea where you're going with that. I didn't claim that they never tried to build them, but the damn show was from 2000, not 1990. Clearly the threat of an Iraqi Super Cannon was entirely nonexistant at that point, so the show was just a typical cheap fear-mongering hacked-up story to suck in some viewers for an hour.

Yeah, Darkhaven, that's a Tec-9. I have two from Scuba Steve in my level. :)

And, heh, that's exactly what I said when I found out the AB-10 was real. It stands for After Ban. I think it just removed the threaded barrel and the uh, shroud, is it called?

anyone seen the new replacement for the m16? (well, its supposedly gonna be the replacement). apparently its extremely accurate out of the box and fired both 5.56 NATO and the new 6.8 NATO rounds. also, soldiers who have actualy fired the weapon were very pleased.

The xm8

http://world.guns.ru/assault/xm8-1.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/assault/xm8-2.jpg

the pics dont seem to be showing but heres a link to some info on the weapon:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm

God damnit. I just spent 20 minutes making a list of the weapons I wanted to include, but I got logged out and redirected to a login screen and my message was deleted.

Sigh...

In brief, my list included the M1A2 Abrams, F22 Raptor, the quad rocket launcher from Commando, the XM8 assault rifle, Fabrique Nationale P90, H&K MP7A1 and MP5K/MP5N, M4A1 with M203 grenade launcher attachment, and Barrett XM109 25mm sniper "cannon". And for hunting, the .700 Nitro Express.

All those weapons suck.

I've seem a weapon so horrible and terrible it will make you all quake in fear. It destroys entire families and leaves the houses standing. Yup, you got it. A Mortgage.

Bada bing!

The hell is that thing to the left of the crowbar, is it a nail gun or a chaingun and most importantly can it make me a cup of coffee.